PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
I'm smoking a tin of C&D's Morning Light and I would appreciate some comments from those who know this one better. Specifically, I'm confused about the moisture. As I opened a tin the tobacco was very moist, almost wet. I couldn't wait as it smelled very nicely and packed a generous bowl. To my surprise it stayed lit and smoked all the way down, giving me a wonderful experience I was never used to. No bite, delicious taste, just the right amount of nicotine.

It made me wonder if I'm overdrying all the other tobaccos. At this point I think this one is an exception: usually a wet tobacco would only cause problems and smoke really hot, but obviously not Morning Light.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I'm not sure about C&D Morning Light, but I had a similar experience today with Sutliff Molto Dolce. I opened a new tin, very moist and fragrant. I loaded a pipe without drying and it smoked great. It crackled a bit in the beginning and I smoked the whole bowl with two relights.
I don't have an answer for you...apparently some wet tobaccos smoke fine without drying.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I've found very few, if any, C&D tins to be overly moist. I can usually smoke right from a new tin with no problems. Fpouner, Craig Tarler, didn't believe in shipping water.

Status
Not open for further replies.