PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I considered picking these up for a change and wondered if anyone has tried them and can offer an opinion. Are these pretty goopy? I generally prefer lighter aromatics. I like McB Scottish and BLB, Lanes RLP6, and 1Q. I really don't much like Molto Dolce and that sort.
If these are lighter aros, I might give em a go. If they are more like Molto Dolce, probably not.
...anyone tried em?
Thanks,

Bill

natibo

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I wanted some mixture monster just for novelty of it. But they sold out. I would have mixed it with some 5 brothers to take up the nic hit.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
I'm sitting on a tin of Three Kings, waiting for the Christmas season to come a little closer before I open it. I was intrigued by the inclusion of oriental tobacco, and am looking forward to trying it. I thought about getting a tin of the Mixture Monster, but it sounds like a fairly standard black cavendish based aromatic mixture. I would buy it for the tin - I'm sure the tobacco is fine, but it doesn't sound like anything special.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A pleasant not especially goopy aro I like is Altadis bulk Queen Anne's Revenge, and their Dark Obsession which Cavendish/walnut.

In Lanes, I prefer LL-7 to 1Q as it seems to have a little more personality but still tobacco-forward flavor. I should add, I'm mostly a

non-aro smoker -- English of various sorts, and especially these days burley, like great burley blends from C&D and GLP; also like

Va/Per like PS Luxury Navy Flake.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
Thanks for the ideas mso. Can you recommend one or two of the burley blends you mentioned?

hedgehog

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2013
Of the GLPs, Jackknife Plug is a very burley-forward blend, at least to my palate. Meaty and strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.