PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
Finally got around to ordering a tin of this stuff. Wish I'd done so sooner. I'm in love with this blend. Plus its named after a book, which combines two of my favorite things.
It smokes so cool too, no tongue bite at all and the flavors are prominent, more so than any other blend I've tried before. Not sure why that is. I'll be keeping this in my cellar for sure.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I like it better than Joe Krantz. Id say it's my burley blend of choice. Sometimes I get a really tasty nutty flavor and sometimes not at all fwiw.. also if you've yet to, try it in a cob...

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
The book is also entertaining. Click below if you want to download it for free.
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/172

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
I didn't care for it. I think it was the Perique. Too much for my tastes. Was so disappointed because I had heard so much about it and I generally like burley blends.

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
Used to be one of my favourite blends along with OJK........but I bought some in bulk a couple of years or so back, and it wasn't the same.....I should buy a couple of tins and try again I suppose.....

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Besides the Old Ones, Haunted Bookshop may be the only Halloween Blend left, at least from House C&D. :crying:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
The bulk has a bit more of a Perique Hit. That’s why I’ve continued to get the bulk. Now, of course, this could just be my subjective palate playing tricks.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Try Old Joe Krantz, if you haven’t yet.
I did, and did not care for it, either. Both seemed to have too much perique for me. I do enjoy GL Pease's Barbary Coast, which seems to have the same ingredients, but in, apparently, a different mix.

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
Interesting about Barbary Coast......because I really like it and never realised the ingredients where the same. Obviously there is the Brandy .....but I find about 1/2 to 2/3 down the bowl this becomes quite subdued and I am left with a lovely tobacco taste..............I sort of view this as a 2 part smoke, which I enjoy.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
In observance of Halloween, yesterday I dipped into a 4yr. old jar of HB, and discovered that it had developed into a really musty / funky version of itself -- that I found very delightful. :puffy:

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
It would be interesting to see it available in flake format. The batch I have has had some big flake pieces in it. I designate a narrow but thick and large bowl for burley and a cob also. If smokes great in both

Status
Not open for further replies.