PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
Well, I remember now why I kept clear of here for a few years... All that talk of VaBurs in the burley appreciation thread and the general love of all pipes around here has me digging holes in my credit again.
After falling completely in love with C&D's Bayou Morning Flake I made an exclusively C&D tobacco order with an emphasis on VaBurs (and Perique, of course). And then I HAD to purchase my very first Nording that I've had on my wishlist for a while as well because for some reason Smokingpipes.com wanted to take 10% off all pipes today. And now begins the wait for these beauties to arrive...
may_order.png

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I was eyeing that Nording as well this morning! The sale almost put in my basket. Thank you for grabbing it and keeping my PAD at bay.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Dcon, it’s so damn good. I had about 4 other tins open and “actively” being smoked when I first opened Bayou Morning and none have been touched since!
Canadian, my pleasure. Here’s to hoping it smokes half as good as it looks!

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
I’ll be sure to try and get some good ones! I always pictured myself with a freehand Nording but as I was glancing through smokingpipes selections I saw this beauty and couldn’t get it out of my mind. They had another gorgeous one in the hunting line too, the smooth bison or buffalo I believe. I’m a sucker for smooth pipes though, might not be for everybody.

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
Haunted Bookshop is a great blend, it and Old Joe Krantz are my go-to burley blends when I'm in the mood for something other than VA and VA/Pers. I've heard a lot of good things about Briar Fox and do love a good krumble kake but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. But you guys need to be quiet about Bayou Morning Flake, if word gets out about how good it is I'll never be able to find it anymore. I do wish C&D would age their tobaccos some more before tinning because all the ones I've tried could use 6 months to a year in the tin before they really shine but at least they're quality tobaccos that are available.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Bayou Morning Flake was the first C&D blend I’ve tried and I opened it almost immediately. I’ll have to sit on it a bit longer next time around! My only minor complaint with it is that it is a touch more moist than most other VaPers I smoke straight out of the tin. Easily remedied by loading a bowl and letting it sit for an hour or two before I actually get around to lighting it.

cohibajoe

Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Please post pics when you get the booty...I must resist...boy I like a few here and they are Smooth. And the

Neerup Pipes line Smooth's are Great also.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I’ve read that Pennington Gap is similar to Barbary Coast, but that it has a bourbon topping instead of whisky. I’m a big fan of BC, so I’d like to try it soon

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You can't go wrong for my money with Nording or C&D. Those hunting pipes are done with a flair; my wife gave me the zebra two Christmases ago, and it is always a pleasure to smoke. I think you'll be well pleased with the C&D blends; again, it's hard to go wrong.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Somehow in my assessment of all C&D options I overlooked Old Joe Krantz, its now on the list. And thanks, mso, I am beyond excited to receive this pipe.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I'm with didimau -- huge Nording lover here. My first was a freehand about 45 yrs ago that today we'd probably call a pickaxe. Still have it & it's still a fantabulous smoke & one of my faves!
Bill

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've had a B. Barling and Sons #4065 (1/2 bent billiard) for about 2 yrs from an ebay auction and only recently realized that it was likely made by Nording for Barling due to its Made in Denmark nomenclature. It's a beaut, whoever made it.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
Nordings in my opinion are the best bang for your buck over 50 dollars. Under 50 dollars has to be grabows(for briar). But I'm cheap when it comes to pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.