Tags:  No tags yet. 

C&D epiphany

(11 posts)
  • Started 2 months ago by mechanic
  • Latest reply from tennsmoker
  1. mechanic

mechanic

Login to Send PM

Been working through blends being a newbie and all got 4 in today haunted bookshop, autumn evening, epiphany and sutliff vanilla custard. I cant discern out the diffrent flavors yet but i much prefer epiphany is there some more exp. Folks that can help me figure out what the ingredients are that i like more from that particular blend?

"I'm a kind person, I'm kind to everyone, but if you are unkind to me, then kindness is not what you will remember me for." - Al Capone
    Posted 2 months ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sure, just look on the tobacco pages of online retailers. Here's the epiphany text from PC:

Cornell & Diehl Epiphany is an homage to the original Revelation that was made by Philip Morris and frequently enjoyed by Albert Einstein. The late, noted Burley expert Bob Runowski developed this blend along with Craig Tarler using Nutty Burley as the base, along with sweet Virginias, smoky Latakia, and zesty Perique. Decidedly old fashioned in flavor, this easy-smoking blend is finished with a dark fruit note that perfectly compliments the tobaccos. For a real trip down memory lane, try C&D's Epiphany.

Posted 2 months ago #
  3. mechanic

mechanic

Login to Send PM

So out of those is the latakia that would stand out most to a new pipe smoker?

Posted 2 months ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alex

Login to Send PM

As a relatively new pipe smoker and a complete newbie to Epiphany (had my first bowl just yesterday), to me the latakia was certainly the most discernable leaf within the blend.

Posted 2 months ago #
  5. unkleyoda

unkleyoda

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If, out of those you prefer the Epiphany, you probably like the Latakia.

Most new smokers, gravitate toward Latakia blends, myself included. I'm far from a veteran smoker, but after three years, I still love Latakia mixes. They burn cool, and taste awesome. My palate is starting to broaden, and I can pick out more flavors than I could a year ago. I'm also appreciating Virginias, Va/Pers, and Burleys more and more, but Latakia is still my major staple.

This is probably the case with you too.

That said, you will probably want look for other Latakia mixtures, also known as English/Balkan blends. There are a ton of Latakia blends out there.

My personal favorites are:

Dunhill My Mixture 965
    GLP Westminster
    C&D Star of the East
    GLP Quiet Nights
    Dunhill Nightcap
    Ashton Artisan's Blend

Find your own favorites and have fun.

So you say you can drink? Well, I'm from Wisconsin. Try to keep up.
    Posted 2 months ago #
  6. teufelhunden

teufelhunden

Login to Send PM

Is there a difference in taste for the epiphany in tins vs the epiphany bulk?

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. mechanic

mechanic

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the input folks

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. seanv

seanv

Login to Send PM

Is there a difference in taste for the epiphany in tins vs the epiphany bulk?

Depends on who you ask. Sometimes I find the bulk version is a little bit tamer.

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. teufelhunden

teufelhunden

Login to Send PM

Just tried some epiphany bulk and some sutliff revelation match back to back and actually liked the sutliff better.

Posted 2 months ago #
  10. mechanic

mechanic

Login to Send PM

Iv got the bulk epiphany i should try and get the sutliff and compare also i liked gaslight it just seemed harsh but it was fresh so i guess it is right im leaning toward latekia thanks guys for all ur experiences and advice

Posted 2 months ago #
  11. tennsmoker

tennsmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I love Epiphany. Bulk or tin. I find no difference. It is good for the soul and the mind.
    I did smoke Revelation in another era. Epiphany is very, very close to what my memory and taste buds tell me.
    Yes, I'm getting a little long in tooth. But in my world, you can't go wrong with Epiphany.

The past is never dead. It's not even past--Requiem for a Nun
    Posted 2 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jiminks, derhammer, dino, chefbenny