PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Cube Cut Virginia, Burley, and Cavendish. Top note of Chocolate, vanilla, and liqueur.
I've smoked about 8 bowls. I'm getting a chocolate covered raspberry in the tin note and the smoke. I'm thinking it's the chocolate/vanilla topping and Virginia combination. The burley is nutty and the cavendish has a toasty note. Cavendish is difficult for me to to pin point, maybe adds a slight toasted Carmel note. The topping is nice, I love it. It really compliments the tobacco. This blend is a solid tobacco. It's almost like an aromatic version of Haunted Bookshop, burley and Virginia may be the culprit. I threw down on an 8oz. Tin, I going to throw down on another. Aromatics aren't my go to, but during these holiday months C&D Holiday blends find themselves ghosting up some pipes. In this case a cob. Corn Cob Pipe and a Button Nose is a great all day smoke, if you like C&D Va/Burs. I really hope they make this a regular blend. I could smoke this regularly all year round.
Side note: Kind of reminds me of Edgeworth RR and Sutlifs match, in the same genre maybe. Just my opinion, hold the pitch forks :mrgreen:

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
This is a tasty blend for sure. I have been enjoying it for a month or so, and blew through a tin in record time. I have another open and 2 more in the cellar.
I cut it with C&D Cube Cut. Tones down some of the sweetness and rounds it out a bit, IMO. Not to mention, it makes a tin last twice as long as well.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Hey Skraps, did you get a raspberry(fruity) note from the topping?
Yep, some sort of berry for sure. I haven't been able to nail it down.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think I have the aromatics I need for a while, but what you describe sounds pretty good. The holiday blends I've had that feature cinnamon, pine, and various spices seem to bite and burn. I feel like I've been in a chemical warfare attack. Maybe that's specific to only a few, but I can't do 'em. I like strongly tobacco forward aromatic blends, and usually not the holiday specials.

p4ttythep3rf3ct

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2015
Honestly, this is the Christmas blend that has taught me that I just don't want chocolate tobacco. It's less candy than their Halloween special, but still, I'm just not into it. That said, I'm told it smells great, so I'll probably light a bowl on Christmas day for that reason alone. Aaaaaand to maybe use it as the blend that break in the smoking-in-the-house.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
With a little experimentation, letting this blend air out for an hour maybe the best way to smoke it. Cuts down on the topping a bit. I get more of a cocoa flavor, than chocolate covered raspberry.
I'm really befuddled with this tobacco, that fruity raspberry maybe cherry flavor really stands up and announces itself. If the tin jingle said something about a splash of warm Chambord, or a cherry on top, I'd think I'm not going crazy. Tobaccoreviews.com doesn't mention a fruity addition, and I believe C&D adds their blends to the site as of late. So either a batch fell victim to someone spiking the punch at the party or the virginia's really are adding a raspberry note to this blend. I really love this tobacco though, it's been in regular rotation, breaking up GLP Westminster, C&D Mountain Camp, and GLP Temple Bar.
Can C&D please stand up and tell us who spiked the Cocoa bowl at the party?

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
I love when other people smoke aromatics, but I just cant get into them. Ive been tempted to get a tin so that some of my other pipe smoking friends will try it.

travelergypsy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2016
I ordered a tin after reading this. Tin note, and room note are lovely. In the pipe (brand new clean MM country gent, I thought was fitting) was alright. Not the best I've had, but one of the better aros.

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
I enjoy an aromatic from time to time and I think Corn Cob Pipe is a nice one. Has decent strength and a nice flavor. Although, I prefer to mix it 50/50 with Carter Hall since the flavor becomes a little overwhelming for me after the first 1/3 of the bowl

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Bought three tins to use as stocking stuffers for me and our two pipe smoking sons. Looking forward to Christmas morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.