PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Due to the less than stellar search functionality, I wasn't able to verify if this had already been discussed. So, my apologies if it was. I digress.
I will not even bother to put the description of this tobacco and it's not much of a description. I bought this mainly because of the cube cut. That particular cut of tobacco is a favorite of mine in large part due to the ease of packing.
This won't be a review... I pretty much suck at those. I will say that behind the cocoa, rum goodness that you smell when you pop the tin, is a very decent base tobacco. It's Cube Cut Burley from C&D... why wouldn't it be? This is not your average aromatic. After the initial light you burn off the heavy flavors and get some really great dark Burley flavor. Interestingly, I think this meshes well with the toppings they have used. Harmonious maybe? This also has some cohones from a strength standpoint. After about 1/4 of the way in, you will get some nicotine. It's not strong like some of the heavy hitters out there, but it won't leave you jonesing. If you want to ramp it up a bit, you can add some more plain Cube Cut to it. Shouldn't effect the room note too much and it will give you the extra dose of strength and nicotine you desire.
All in all, this is a decent tobacco. I enjoy it, the people around enjoy it... what's not to like?
Anyone else had this? What are your thoughts?

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
cocoa, rum goodness
Sounds like something you could smoke at an upscale coffee house, if the PC crowd don't kill you for causing global warming.
Maby I will get some for Christmas morning, I usaly like to get a new Aro to try while everyone opens their gifts, I watch and fill the room with cheer. :puffpipe:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I bought 8oz. Of this stuff. The cut pulled me in also.
Pagan, you don't believe in global warming? With a Hurricane rolling down the east coast and you still don't believe. Plus you attempted to turn a tobacco thread into a global warming thread on a pipe forum. How dare you, you logical piece of shit? Oh and PC, I get tired of this PC crap, there's no such thing as politically correct. There is no such thing as media bias. Our President is like a god, in the sense, that he is doing the best he can with legislation to tame our climate. I'm tired of the racist rants.....You Right wing anti-centralized government idiots are disgusting. Wilson and FDR should be turning over in their graves, gosh. #BlackLivesMatter Quit smoking because it will save our planet, and yes stop the flatulence.
It really does make you feel like you're included when you make the change to left wing rhetoric.. It was so lonely out there in rugged individual land.
By the way this is a pipe forum, and a great example of a useless addition to the conversation.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Skraps instead of using the built in search go to google. Type in what you're searching for followed by site:pipesmagazine.com and it will search the entire site for that search term.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
I bought two tins but I'm waiting to open them. I love the review though, I believe I'm going to fall in love with this blend. Their last christmas blend "Golden Days of Yore" is also amazing if you can still get your hands on it - I highly suggest it.

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
Interesting review, I was looking for a good Christmas blend, and it looks like I may need to pick some of this up.
Loving the satire in this thread.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I have started stocking up on this. I think I have 4 tins at the moment... if that counts as stocking.
I have been more inclined to the aromatic lately, but I want one with some punch to it. This one fits the bill in my opinion.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Golden Days is a great Christmas aro-. In fact, I think it's gone. Tried to order some and nobody had it, wish Jeremy would do it again.
Thought so Pagan....silence. :lol:

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I'll have to give it a shot. I love their Christmas blend last year: Golden Days Of Yore, so I imagine this one will be pretty darn good as well.

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
Are you referring to Holiday Spirit from McClelland?

I'd be interested to know this as well. Although I rarely smoke aromatics these days, for some reason the Holidays make me want to, and Holiday Spirit holds a special place in my heart.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Very nice review,make's me want it also..This year does sound good, but the last few years tasted more like reindeer crap.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Got a tin the other day.Don't know whether I should eat it or smoke it.;0) Great review.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Don't know whether I should eat it or smoke it.
I would advise against eating it... though I had the same thought when I opened my first tin :mrgreen:

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Bought 3 tins when it first came out to be used as stocking stuffers for Christmas. One for me and a tin for each of our pipe smoking sons. Been debating buying a tin I could smoke before Christmas but that's why I have Golden Days of Yore in the cellar waiting for the annual Thanksgiving feast.

Status
Not open for further replies.