PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

transpose

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
Hey guys and gals. These last three days I have been smoking the new Small Batch CRF on my commute home. I have found that the spice and bread notes are absolute heaven when I blow it out my nose. I may be blowing the smoke through my nose a little more than normal, but not much more.
Here’s my question. Does CRF have a higher nicotine level than most straight VA flakes? The reason I ask is because all three days I have had a headache and slight nausea for about an hour once I’m home. These could be completely NON-related to the tobacco, but I’m just trying to rule things out. It is not normal for me to have headaches. I would describe myself as having a medium to medium-high tolerance to nicotine so a full bowl of VA normally does not affect me at all. In fact, burley-forward and other higher N-level blends take up about 30% of my weekly rotation.
I am going to smoke a regular VaPer these next 2 days to see if they stop. If they do, I’m going to switch back to the CRF to see if they return.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Possibly colder, drier weather and blowing more through your nose. I haven't found the nicotine level for this blend to be significant but unless it is really high, I don't notice anyway.

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I may be blowing the smoke through my nose a little more than normal,
Virginias tend to be lower in nicotine than most leaf, although there are exceptions, but your statement about retrohaling is probably the key. When you puff, the "n" is only absorbed by the mucus membranes in your mouth, but when you exhale through your nose, the smoke hits the sinuses, which have a lot more surface area so more nicotine is absorbed relatively quickly.
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.