PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
This is marvelous stuff. Described as a crumble-cake, It's really like a baked brownie. Not an aro, just premium Va infused with rum. Take my word: you don't want to fully rub-out. Keep the full flavor by tearing off some, twist between fingers just enough to expand, then stuff. If you are a vaper lover, their kajun kake looks the same with rum replaced by familiar "salty". You may find it best in your smaller flake-pipe. Sip slowly. Oh, and it's best at the very end.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
If you like Blockade Runner, give Black Frigate a try too. It's easily in the top 3 of my all time favorite blends.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
Will do. The few moments of my typing already paid off.
I wonder if "after hours" will please me as much. It isn't a "brownie", but also on my next list. C&D sure has a lot to choose from.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
Look up C&D on tobaccoreviews.com and see all their historical ones, as well. Lots of clever names!
I've wondered if their "memorial" ones are renamed from older, no longer offered types. If so, a "formally known as" descriptor would clear up a lot. Another thought is that with so many constant small-batch additions and deletions, could come a sudden discontinuation of your new favorite. I'll return here to share any solid info and impressions on more of their varied tins sampled. Still good-stuff worth any hassle to me.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I tried Blockade Runner years ago and liked it - the recent incarnation - just isn't my cup of tea. The tobacco smokes harsh - the rum is way too subdued - I ended up pitching after smoking a 1/3rd of a tin.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
I think C&D is filling the gaps between the aro, va/vaper, and english camps. Anybody else see that? Aren't they the only one doing crumble cakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.