PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
So, I know many of our members like Deathmetal use some of C&D blending Burley's to spice up some of their other blends. Aside form their Cube Cut, I don't have any experience with them as far as characteristics. I would like to branch out from the Cube Cut as it's not always the best cut to mix with other blends. I could use some feedback on the following:
Burley Ribbon Cut

Cavendish Cut Burley

Dark Burley

White Burley
I'm interested in strength, nicotine content and flavor. Look forward to everyone's insight.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Burley Ribbon Cut -- a fine ribbon cut, medium nicotine, with a bright, dry, mildly nutty flavor

Cavendish Cut Burley -- haven't had this one

Dark Burley -- chunky ribbon cut, strong nicotine, with a dark, earthy, somewhat spicy cigar-like burley flavor

White Burley -- chunky ribbon cut, medium to strong nicotine, with a very nutty, sour pure burley flavor
The Ribbon Cut is processed a bit more in some way, making it milder, but the Dark and White Burley are unflavored and as natural as burley can be, so they either need to be blended with something else (like a bit of VA) or processed in some way at home. I like to case the White Burley with a bit of honey and water, steam it for an hour or so and then let it rest -- makes a great, nutty burley blend.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Thanks, Pitch.
So, if I'm looking to cut an Aro blend, the Dark or White Burley would probably work as is then?
Might get a sample of all three so I can test out.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
You could try that. The Dark might overwhelm the aro, but it might be just the trick. I've never tried. The Burley Ribbon would probably blend more seamlessly I would imagine. But I'd suggest getting all three. If you like the Cube Cut, you'll enjoy these as well.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Well, I ordered a sample of each. Will see what they are like when they get in.
Thanks for the few that threw their input in.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've started to look into some of the 2 Daughters blends and I think if you are looking for good quality leaf at the best prices this is the place to start.

I've only smoked one bowl of their Two Timer, a toasted burley blend, but I think it would also serve nicely as a blending additive or base.

Until the end of this month, you can get 5lbs of D&R leaf shipped free for right at $100.00.

Those of you on a budget and worried about the apocalypse, might do well to check out these Mark Ryan endorsed tobaccos.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I ended up smoking most of my Dark Burley by itself. I guess I bolstered one or two other blends, but it is a good sturdy smoke by itself. Go slow if you are nicotine sensitive or used to mild or medium leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.