Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
As Most of you know, I am not very good with words. But I will give this my best shot. In order to give this highly rated blend a fair trial, I'm using one of my favorite pipes by Sina a vanguard. I was told by the member I traded with "chasingembers' that a lot of people find the tin note Well bad. It smelled mouth watering to me.

I took Duanes advise an pinch off a piece an gently rubbed it out. An waited a very long 20 minutes. I loaded the bowl not to over pack an fired it up. I am on my second bowl right now while typing . This tobacco is superb an burns beautifully, right to the bottom almost.
A very surprising white ash, I find it strong in taste ut not over powering my taste buds. I never had to do 1 relite on the pipe. This will go straight to my top 5 list. Thanks chasingembers for giving me this heavenly blend.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Guess I will have to pick up a tin of this... Sounds too good to pass up.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I have a tin of this heading my way now. Not sure when I'll get around to opening it but I keep hearing such good things about the blend I knew I had to at least get it in the house

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@ scrooge
Glad you like it, my friend. Definitely my favorite tobacco, and one of those highly overlooked gems. You are very welcome brother, and happy smoking!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Now I'll start another craze. (whispering) black frigate's sister blend, "blockade runner" is also good. :mrgreen:

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Damn you that's another one Ive been quietly collaring...
hahaha-024.gif

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Scrooge I had to smoke back to back bowls when I first tried it,and its going to be heavily smoked this winter let me tell ya!

Chasingembers please stop with the suggestions....please.... :lol:

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Already did :nana:
Ah feck looks like the tad button is going to be pressed in 3..2...1

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
Well, I'm going to crack open my first tin of BF over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Any preparation tips to offer?

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Any preparation tips to offer?
1 Pinch off a corner from top to bottom to get all of the layers to get the full flavor.
2 Gently rub out, being careful not to pulverize it into dust, and allow to dry for about twenty minutes.
3 Gravity fill lightly, and don't pack tight. Light up, and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.