PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotage16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2015
I’m about 3/4 through a tin of Bijou from 2016. I’m enjoying it with no mold spores yet. It’s out of stock everywhere, just wondering if anyone knows what’s going on with this blend? You would think with all the positive reviews C&D would want to make money?

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I agree, it's a great blend. I hope it's not a supply issue with the 2003 NC red Virginia leaf in the blend. I always wondered how long they'd be able to make Bijou with the specific year's crop as a component. I've got a good bit in my cellar but would love to stock up on some more.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
2016 was bad for bijou until fall of that year. CD rectified the mold issue late in the year. And not all tins suffered from it!

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I picked up some tins of Bijou from SPC on 2/19/18 and they had plenty then. But there was a run on everything red virginia after the demise of 5100, so maybe they just have to run off a new batch. I hope so cuz I love the stuff.

swilford

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2010
Longs, SC
corporate.laudisi.com
C&D had a minor factory move (into a building down the street where it could have more space) and reorganization (physically changing layout of equipment in new space) in February, which cost about a week's worth of production time. Bijou is fine; C&D's just a tad behind at the moment, though it's catching up.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I have 2 tins of Bijou, dated May and June 2016. I’ve been going back and forth in opening them up and jarring them just to check for mold, but I’m just gonna leave them sealed for a couple more years.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
My first encounter with Bijou was a free sample that I got included with a SP order. That was in 2016. My wife still laughs about how it looked when I took a draw from my pipe and immediately spit and dumped the bowl out. Not sure if moldy or just super young. I shudder just remembering the moment to post this.

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I grabbed a few to add to the cellar as well. Also picked up some more C&D Bayou Morning Flake for more Red VA goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.