PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
C&D Berry Good is not so Berry Good by my standards. This is no discredit to C&D, their Autumn Evening (a maple aromatic) is excellent and is also the only other Cornell and Diehl I've tried. So no sweeping generalizations are being made here by me at all.
I think why I don't like it very much, is the burley. It was interesting to smoke a burley blend for the first time in a good while, and this one, as burleys go, isn't bad. But it's not going to be in my rotation, as it were.
To me the raspberry and vanilla topping that is mentioned in the description is extremely muted; this is not a sweet blend. The raspberry is the only notice I made and it was a wisp of a side taste.
But I imagine those that particularly like burleys will be very pleased with it, as it is mellow tasting and bite-free.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
zanthal,
Typical of C&D Aromatics... light with tobacco flavor prominent. Besides they do not use PG to preserve shelf life like OTC blends.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
Zanthal, I agree with you about Berry Good. But give C&Ds Berries & Cream a try. It has a very good blackberry aroma and flavor. Way better than Berry Good in my opinion. :puffy:

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
PG = Polyglythiner I haven't a clue how to spell it. It is a preservative to give the tobacco a long shelf life.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
PG is Propylene Glycol (a preservative) used in OTC blends to extend shelf-life moisture. If you ever wonder why your OTC blends are so "goopy" it is because of the PG used. C&D does not use PG! Now, there is a miniscule amount of PG in C&D's aromatic sauce as a preservative of the sauce itself. Insignificant by comparison to what we are talking about here.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.