PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just a quick post to say that C&D Bayou Night is definitely full strength, both in terms of flavor and nicotine. So for full-strength fans, this blend available in bulk, is just the ticket. It's been a while since I've cracked open a tin of Dunhill Nightcap, though I have one unopened, but I think Bayou Night is a bit stronger than Nightcap, at least the recent versions of Nightcap. I've expanded my rotation to include various milder blends, some very mild, but I'm still loyal to full-strength as a pleasant bowl, and Bayou Night fills the bill.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Mso, this one is a great one. Defiantly stronger than Nightcap, but not really in the same style. If you like BN, you need to try C&D Buffalo Soldier, if you haven't already.

jamban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
Bayou Nights is one of the few blends that really stood out for me. I like the complexity in flavour.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Bayou Night as a full strength blend that isn't just full-strength, that has some balance of flavors and nuance. thefishguy, I can't quite mix it yet, since it seems pretty interesting on its own, but eventually I probably will, maybe as a dusting to pick up a milder blend.

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
I was looking for a bit of “toast” to go with the perique. It started out as an average smoke unit 3/4 bowl then turned into something fabulous. I really, really like Bayou nights but for some reason, it gets a little overwhelming near the end in a tall bowl.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Just popped my first tin of this tonight. To me it's Old Joe Krantz with some oriental and a light touch of latakia for a hint of smokiness. Really good stuff. Between Bayou Night, Old Joe Krantz and Haunted Bookshop, the nicotine bases are covered. I love all three of these C&D blends but Bayou Night could take top spot. Glad someone bumped this thread and prompted me to dig this out of the vault.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Glad someone bumped this thread and prompted me to dig this out of the vault.
That's funny, I was just smoking a bowl of Bayou Night when I saw the bump. It's one of my favorites.

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Bayou Night has been in the cellar and in occasional rotation since ‘98. I really appreciate its depth and strength; time to revisit it.

Too bad it gets compared to Nightcap, because I personally dislike that stuff.

charf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
Anyone else piping this blend? I find it burns really fast. Faster than anything else I have. I have been smoking it in a MM Country Gentleman cob in case it ghosts a briar but I keep thinking I need a bigger bowl to make it last longer. Apart from that it is great.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I have about a half pound of aged bayou night. I am not crazy about it but it can satisfy occasionally, usually as a before bed smoke

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just to mention another good C&D blend, I also like the more traditionally English blend Stratfordshire, which is sold as bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.