PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
I've read a couple reviews of this and it sounds really good, I was just wondering if any of you guys or gals have tried it and your thoughts about it.

Thanks

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
It is in the top of my rotation my next TAD purchase I am buying a pound of it. I love it.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Is this any better than McClelland Townsman Cavendish Maple? I like the maple flavor in the Townsman, something that I can never find in those rum and maple blends.

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
It’s a nice smoke and like the name indicates it is especially good on a cool fall day with a cup of coffee.
Another blend you may want to try is 4noggins Double Fantasy, now it’s not maple flavored but it does kind of hit that same sweet spot and smokes extremely well.

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
Bob's review was the first one I looked at as well, I ended up ordering some and it showed up this morning and I think it was awesome. It was like smoking a plate full of french toast. I will definitely keep it in my regular rotation. I would recommend it.

scott306

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
C&D autumn evening is by far my fav right now. But it is better in cooler temp with a nice cup of coffee. I recommend it to anyone.

Thanks and happy smoking! :puffy:

Jul 15, 2011
To me, it is the ultimate crossover, even though it is not really classified as such. It has all the flavor of a nice Virginia and a divine aroma. My girlfriend says it smells like breakfast. She never complains when I have a giant bowl going, and it is one of my regular smokes.

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
I'm a big fan. A lot of a pancake smell to it. I'm with Bob, though. Hard to some in the warm months.

jallen49

Might Stick Around
Aug 11, 2011
As a new pipe smoker, it was with this tobacco that I experienced one of my first "moments" with the hobby. I bought it in the fall, late sept - early oct i think. It was a nice comfortably cool evening down here in east Tennessee, and this tobacco could have not been more fitting for the moment.

Since then I ONLY smoke it in the fall. Something about the fall season just compliments this blend perfectly. And no, it's not just because the blend is called Autumn Evening.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I really like the blend. One where the very pleasant tin note and taste are nearly the same. It will ghost a pipe though, so smoke it in a pipe where you expect to smoke at least a compatible blend (which can be good thing). That being said, its a great smoke. Added a couple pounds of it to the cellar. :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.