PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Today I was fortunate to win the estate Caminetto Business rusticated billiard pipe shown in the images below. I have long been intrigued by this brand after seeing it mentioned in Richard Carleton Hacker's book titled "Rare Smoke." He stated, in part, that, "During its 12-year (1968 - 1980) reign, Caminetto was one of the finest smoking Italian briars available, due to its variety of unique finishes and a curing process that made for an unbelievably dry smoke." Parenthesis is mine.
I am curious as to the Forum members' opinions of, and experience with, this particular brand of pipe. Please let me know, as this will be my first.
Thank-you!
CAMINETTOBUSINESSSELLA%20(0).JPG

CAMINETTOBUSINESSSELLA%20(9).JPG

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Caminetto was a fine brand, it was run by the Radice and Ascorti families who went on to found companies under their own names. It's one of the better deals out there in Italian Estate pipes as long as the pipe isn't a basket case. Warm regards............

banjo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Was the company sold to a larger outfit? It sounds like the old ones are the good ones. How is the current product?

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I really liked the original Caminettos from the 70's. When the principals fellout and formed their own companies their pipes just never caught on with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.