Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Is it me or has Dark Fired Burley been recently added to the recipe of Haunted Bookshop?
This is from PipesandCigars.com:

Haunted Bookshop is an unapologetically strong Burley-based blend that is slightly sweetened by the addition of red Virginia and spiced up and deepened by including the Cajun delicacy, Perique. This is a heady smoke with plenty of pepper.
This From Smokingpioes.com:

Components: Burley, Dark Fired Kentucky, Perique, Virginia
I may just have forgotten that Dark fired was in this blend. Anybody else notice this or am I just late to the party.
"I smoke Haunted Bookshop religiously and use it breath smoking in meditation listening to Tool's Lateralus while playing chess with my son."

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I believe technically Dark Fired Kentucky is a Burley itself, right? So then P&C's description wouldn't be lacking in description, but just less specific than smokingpipes?

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Very true Lightmybriar, I was going to mention that, but I don't recall this description being used. Like I said, I may have overlooked this.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Well damn man! You like some good things! I love me some Lateralus! Do ya think we'll ever see a new Tool album? I need to revisit HB though as I immediately gravitated towards OJK and didn't give HB a second thought. It's going down on the list.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I don't notice it, and I suspect Tobacco Reviews is the source for the notion that there's DFK in there. Maybe it includes Kentucky-grown burley (air cured, not dark fired), and that explains it.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Tool Album? I've heard their in the studio. Have you listened to The Holy Gift/Lateralus Golden Ratio/Fibonacci Sequence. Plus the Hidden track on 10,000 days. A lot of folks put these into the class of Pink Floyd/Wizard of Oz, and I can see why. But coming from Tool, I believe this was done on purpose. A great band. No doubt.
You're probably right Pitchfork.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
There is a 2006 review mentioned Dark-Fired burley in there, although Jim says nothing about it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Something about burley, wherever and however I find it, it makes things better.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
How do ya mean? Do you synchronize the tracks with the hidden track? I'm lost.
I have heard that Lateralus is out of order and if you play it in order it flows as one, long song but I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.