PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Anybody else in the bay area or maybe close to it, within reasonable driving distance? I'm a complete newbie to smoking pipes, but I figure there have got to be some of you here who would be willing to create a Pipes Magazine Bay Area Chapter: PMBAC!
Who is with me? San Jose, reporting in.

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Probably too big of a schlep for you guys but we are starting a North Bay Club - called Sonoma County Puffers - we meet once a month in front of the Humidor at Coddingtown Mall. So far there are just 2 members! :rofl:

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
Sonoma County Puffers - still weighing in up in North Bay. Still a membership of 2! :rofl:

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
Former Californian here. I feel for you guys that are spread out. I am in the country in NC now and the nearest club is about 75 minutes drive.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
San Jose here!!! I don't see too many pipe smokers out in the streets.. maybe 3 in the past 6 years!!!!

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
Livermore!

and I would love to meet up and smoke with some people. I have a few friends that would probably come along too
i saw there was another livermore person that replied on here. Good to know im not the only one around here!

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
zanthal, do you go to mission pipe off of hopyard? if not, its the place to go. If so, lets meet up there sometime and have a smoke.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I used to go there when it was called Tobacco Loft, and it's been my shop of choice for 10+ years.
Their tobacco selection is lacking somewhat, but they have an excellent pipe selection and it's a good place to hang out.
I saw a sign the last time I was in there, that said something to the effect of "You must purchase a cigar in around to be permitted to sit in our lounge."
I really hope that's one of those rules they only follow when the owner is around. I haven't smoked cigars in years.
I wouldn't mind watching a 49er playoff game there, I think they have a big screen in the back.

bbauer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Livermore, CA
Yeah, there tobacco selection is alright. I have a few favorites I always pick from....but if you dont like aromatics you wouldnt like what they have other than a few tins of stuff.

I have never noticed any sign saying you must buy a cigar to smoke. I was in there a few days ago and smoked about a half a bowl as I talked to some of the guys about my new estate pipe.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I'm sure it won't be an issue, they've taken a lot of money from me over the years.
But anyhow I'm busy like mad with work until a few days after the new year. We can make some plans, my free time is lessened until then, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.