Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I can't remember the last time I ate a piece of jerky. It has to be over 10 years.
However, I'm about to open a pack right now after reading this article in today's New York Times.
17PROTO1-popup.jpg

Jon Sebastiani, in the fourth generation of a Sonoma Valley wine family, sees his new company, Krave Jerky, as a way to change attitudes about a snack food ...
Krave Jerky Seeks to Upgrade a Snack's Image - NYTimes.com

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I just killed a 3.25 oz bag of the Beef Garlic Chili Pepper and it was awesome.
Aside from it tasting great, I like this -
Devoid of any nitrates, hormones and artificial flavors, all-natural KRAVE Jerky has an elevated conscious, using lean cuts of domestic meat and all-natural, gourmet ingredients

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Krave is some good jerky! I can not remember the brand at the moment but I get it at Vietnamese sandwich shops. It is a curry flavor and is nice and spicy!
My son who is 6 has discovered jerky. That kid is eating it like crazy! I'm going to get out my old recipe and load up the Luhr-jensen smoker. Jerky is very easy to make and much more economical home made also. I use a soy, brown sugar based brine and skirt steak.
Thanks for the idea Kevin. I have a nice bottle of Zinfandel that would pair well with jerky.

estumpf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 22, 2013
I really enjoy beef jerky, but the salt is more than one should have.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
My stepfather makes wonderful "burnt meat" - the kids still smack their lips! Cold beer and I'm in heaven.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
THIBADEAU"s in Houma has the best jerky in La. Used to buy a large quantity when in my younger days I went to the duck camp,had to hide it or I resident greedy gut would eat it all.One night he found my stash and ate it all,I waited till 2 or 3 in the morning and there he was with his oxygen bottle and sleep apnea mask on , the tube went from the bottle,curled on the floor and plugged in the mask. I STEPPED on the hose and he started marking horrible noises and his face turned red, I lifted my foot and let him get a shot of oxygen,I did that for about 15 mins,that morning early before dawn he tumbled out and told me I don"t believe I"m going to the blind I had a terrible night.I told him probably jerky nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.