PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I have a cool job, today we toured this amazing place...
18523803-orig.jpg

18523806-orig.jpg

18523804-orig.jpg

Don

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Very cool. My late father really loved his Martin guitar. My son inherited it and the tradition of loving and playing a great instrument continues.

Jan 8, 2013
Ohhhhhhh....myyyyyyyyyyyyy.....GOSH!!!!!! I'm so freakin jealous! That had to be freaking amazing!!!! Wow! They would have had to finally force me to leave lol! :clap: #1,000,000. I bet the photos don't do it any justice. :clap:

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Where do you load the tobacco? How's the draw?
Sorry... couldn't resist.
You certainly do have a cool job.

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I bet the photos don't do it any justice
Anthony, no they do not. The level of precision artistic craftsmanship is extremely high everywhere you look.
I hope that you got to stop in at The Wooden Match in Bethlehem!
No woodsroad I did not get a chance to visit on this trip. If you are able next time I am down that way, I'd love to meet for a smoke.
Don

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
Don, I am jealous, and plan to do that tour this year or next. Very cool.
And as far as bracing is concerned, you would not get much argument from me!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Visual music. Does Martin have a walk-in workshop in Nashville, or is that Gibson or some other maker? I spent a hour there just feasting my eyes, and I can't strum anything.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
Grant Batson recently shared some cool photos of a guitar-making class he was participating in on Instagram. Not sure, though, if he was teaching or learning. It seems like a lot of American carvers are musicians, most notably Jody Davis and Scott Thile.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
As an interesting side note my late father also had a Takamine that was the Martin D28 Clone. I just called and confirmed it with my relative that ended up with it. She said it was a famous lawsuit.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
My father-in-law was an amazing banjp player but he could play the guitar too. He really liked Martin guitars. Me? I can't even play the radio.

Jan 8, 2013
Although I have a guitar at home I have never learned how to play it. I guess it is time to start.
Javan, it's never too late to learn. And there's always something new to learn. I've been playing for about 25 years, but my finger style playing sucks.... well because I never cared to practice that style, which is a shame because finger style guitar is beautiful. So..... that's what I'm doing now. I'm a metal head at heart, but I'm quite fond of celtic, folk, and some country guitar as well, so I'm dropping the pick for a while and focusing on the fingers. Dust that old guitar off, Javan. You'll be glad you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.