PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrygoldman123

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
After many a try on the P&C Website this past weekend I have opted to no longer purchase ANYTHING from them. I will purchase from other vendors with "workable" and navigable sites (I use a MAC) and give them my business. I wish you all better luck.

Aug 14, 2012
In support of P&C, despite difficulties after the move, they have filled numerous orders from me correctly and quickly without problems.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I have NEVER had an issue with them, except that they are out of all my favorite baccy.
Every order has been precise with good packing.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
And isn't this life in a nutshell? eBay sellers, retailers, restaurants,plumbers, etc, etc, etc. Once you're burned it's tough to go back. I've dealt with shiny pipes w/o incident. Some haven't. I never bought from P&C. If you've never experienced disappointment, it's all good. If you have, well, these threads happen. Marscigars works well...for me Terry. My 2 cents. No Mac here though.

Mike S.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I just ordered a can of Granger from P&C and I got it in the mail in 3 day's.

They have always been good to me. :D

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I recently gave them another chance after I cancelled an order right after their move. I ordered an estate pipe and had a good experience overall. (Although smoking pipes does a much better job with estates, I got what I thought was a really good deal so I went for it.) I would order from them again.
Sorry your having difficulties Terry, but I understand your frustration. Honestly if it wasn't for Russ stepping up to fix their issues I wouldn't have ordered from them again.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Just went shopping on their website. Added $200 in tobacco and 3 pipes and got to the checkout page with no issues. Took me all of 4 minutes and I was also using a Mac. No Issues. :)

Aug 1, 2012
I must admit to being a P&C hater (I don't normally smoke aromatics...) but I decided to try them again on IPSD and have to say they did well. It'll take a bit more convincing to make me a regular customer but at least it was a step in the right direction.
Yes the new site is wonky, and somewhat cluttered, but it works if you take the time to get into the web designer's head and figure out the organization.

I get my tobacco orders made no problems, but those pop up pages for pipes still prevent me from buying pipes from them. But, I will have to add, that I had an issue with my bulk tobacco order (that turned out not to be their fault at all), and their customer service was spot on. I felt as though they had done me more than fair on that. I will continue to use them for most of my tobacco.

And, if they make it so that I can see the pipes, (lol) I will start buying pipes from them also.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I use iMac and iPad... Have placed several orders recently without problems and receive product quickly. Sorry to hear some are having problems. My only minor complaint is that I often find they are sold out of something I want.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
The "new" P&C website is really only the front end of the point of purchase software. The old site used an outdated Yahoo shopping cart. Since most companies that use it are small with little inventory or sales, I can see why Yahoo wouldn't put any money in upgrading it. The P&C new page is using the C.I. PoP software to handle real time stock, large volumes of inventory and sales. This is the software that should have been used in the first place. Software at this level runs around 30K+ and with the C.I. buyout in the works for over a year, I can understand why they never upgraded. Migrating all the data will take time and many things have been lost and need to be manually added. It's actually gone very smoothly considering the amount of data migration. They may have launched it a bit soon but already having and using the software at C.I., the finishing touches should come along quickly. The site has nothing to do with P&C as a company and their service has always been top notch for me.
Craig

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
The last order I placed with P&C arrived in less than 24 hours. They're good people to deal with. The new website can be a bit confusing, but everything's there. Perhaps you may wish to give them another try and see if you can navigate the maze. It's kind of fun, really.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I do find the interface new and it is taking some getting used to, but P&C is a good to go vendor with super fast shipping. I'll adjust to the new format fine.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Well I am sorry you had this problem. I have never used P &C because I live in the great state of WA.

Status
Not open for further replies.