PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
He shows more patience than I would have, but at 70+ years old he finally shows a mean right hook!
You go Buzz!!
watch
[/img]

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
Who is that nut? You don't call a man and coward and liar to his face and expect a benign smile...

Jan 8, 2013
I hate to say it but... nah, never mind. I don't hate to say it. That jerk had it coming. I wonder what it feels like to get punched in the face by a man with moon rock in his fists :lol:

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I hope that jerk doesn't or didn't win any money of the punch. He clearly instigated the situation even after Buzz asked to be left alone. When someone is up in your face like that, it should be a clear cut case of self defense that was kept within reason. Buzz still has it though, that's for sure.
Edit: Okay, so the police refused to press charges. That is excellent. I can't believe I haven't seen this before.

Jul 15, 2011
What a dick. What you didn't see was Buzz kicking him in the nuts repeatedly while calling him a momma's boy. That raging tool deserved it. Bet he has to go back and tell all his friends how he got his clock cleaned by a guy twice his age :mrgreen:

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
The video is blocked in the country I am in. I assume the instigator was claiming the moon landing didn't happen?

There is thought-provoking evidence that this is so, but that is beside the point. Mr Aldrin is never going to admit it was a hoax if it was a hoax and has a right to be outraged if it did happen, so I there is no logic to the "attack". We will never know for sure.

Jan 8, 2013
The so called hoax that the moon landing was staged is in itself a hoax. All the crap that's been going around that it didn't really happen is exactly that... a load of crap.

Dec 24, 2012
There is thought-provoking evidence that this is so, but that is beside the point
Sigh. Yes, and the earth is flat. We clearly have different views on the meaning of the word "evidence".

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Way too many pathetic conspiracy theorists that will glom onto just about anything and try to prove that something didn’t happen simply to gain attention. I believe it’s called... not having a life.
Nice to see that Buzz still had a good right hook at the age of 72.

thesmokingtexan

Can't Leave
Jul 11, 2014
That was great. I only hope I can get that good of a right in when I am older. More people need to get socked in they face when they are being stupid then we wouldn't have so much stupidity in the world. I while selflessly accept the job of judging who is stupid and who isn't all we need now is somebody that is willing to be the punisher and we have a whole new take on the US judicial system.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
We will never know for sure.
Yes, we will. The astronauts left a very simple reflective device on the moon that can be targeted with a laser, and the reflected energy can be objectively measured. Multiple observatories have done so, including a controlled experiment done on "Mythbusters" in which the laser was aimed randomly at the lunar surface, then at the reflector, showing markedly different results that matched what one would expect if one was measuring laser energy.
The "thought-provoking evidence" of a hoax is simply a demonstration of the limits of logic - if your underlying premises are false, you can logically argue until you're blue in the face and still be dead wrong.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
There is thought-provoking evidence that this is so, but that is beside the point. Mr Aldrin is never going to admit it was a hoax if it was a hoax and has a right to be outraged if it did happen, so I there is no logic to the "attack". We will never know for sure.
No, there isn't any thought provoking "evidence". There never has been. There never will be. Landing on the moon happened. More than once.
My father was involved in engineering life support for the Apollo missions.

My uncle trained the astronauts to do the geological sampling on the lunar surface. He also did extensive analysis of the samples that were brought back.
There will always be mentally ill people who will find various causes upon which to fixate.
And there will be those sad cases who are desperate for 15 seconds of fame.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
When they landed on moon the old Cajuns were beside themselves . Stopped at an old country store were Boorie games were played( Cajun card game) and bought a pop with foam on top and listened to the conversation . One old Cajun was talking about how screwed up the world was. He said the world was F***ed up before the moon landing and I"ll tell you why We used to cook inside and shit outside, now they cook outside and shit inside. That's not right. :rofl:

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Everytime I watch, it makes me smile again.
Considering the jerk's size and seeing his feet actually rock back ... :)

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I assume the instigator was claiming the moon landing didn't happen? There is thought-provoking evidence that this is so...
- thehappypiper
There is evidence that Aldrin's landing and walk on the moon was a hoax? Shucks, I never knew that. Another one of my childhood heros bites the dust. Oh well, back to my dinner. My wife and I have a guest dining with us this evening; Amelia Earhart. She's pretty old but charming.
Best,
Pipestud

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
Saw a security guy jack a 14 y.o. "stud" in the face for saying "I know where your wife lives." He took him to court for battery of a minor.
Lost. That's when I first hear the term, "sufficient provocation."
Nice term. Applies here.
Had it coming.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
When they landed on moon the old Cajuns were beside themselves . Stopped at an old country store were Boorie games were played( Cajun card game) and bought a pop with foam on top and listened to the conversation . One old Cajun was talking about how screwed up the world was. He said the world was F***ed up before the moon landing and I"ll tell you why We used to cook inside and shit outside, now they cook outside and shit inside. That's not right
Completely OT but Ole Cajun made me think of my grandfather with his post. So the old man is of course old-school, hard as nails, and all that. He was one heck of a carpenter. And there wasn't much to buy. And he didn't have much money. So each year my grandmother would bring him the Sears or whichever catalog and point to a piece of furniture or some-such. And he would make it. With his hands. Exactly the same. Even better. And this was how it was for them, and for many.
So one Christmas season she asks for a bathroom in the house - you know, a real, modern bathroom. And he grudgingly builds her a bathroom with all the stuff one would expect: tile, tub, shower, sink, towel racks, plumbed it all, etc. Well here's the story - to the day he died he never did use that bathroom. He would go out to the outhouse in the heat of summer or the dead of winter. Because he thought it was disgusting to go to the bathroom inside one's own house.......

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Awesome. I could have shown Buzz some technique to throw a better right hook at that bible thumping lunatic though, lol. Then he wouldn't have been able to open his mouth to spew anymore of that ignorant jibberish to ANYONE for a good while!

Status
Not open for further replies.