PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
As i live in a country (Mexico) that has very few options when it come to pipe tobacco selection, and a NO IMPORT policy, the only way to receive tobacco is if someone brings it into the country on their person. I know many people who travel internationally, including to the US, but haven't been able to get tobacco from them.
Question: Is pipe tobacco, ie Dunhill, avaiable in international airports in the USA?
My desparation is unfathomable!

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Central United States
Pipe tobacco is available but selection will vary widely from airport to airport and from country to country. Typically you'll have to ask for it. It won't be out like cigars and cigarettes. In Europe, I mostly see Condor.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Dottie, forgive my ignorance but I've done little in the way of international travel. Is it not possible to have tobacco shipped into Mexico, period? Is it legal to have a visitor from the US carry tins across? Just seems ridiculous to me.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Where do you live Dot? I can ask one of our LatAm guys to bring some next time they go to Mexico.
Andy

pipesinperu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2014
No imports?! I guess I should stop complaining about the selection in Peru. At least I can order off the internet, even if the shipping does come out to $5 a tin. 8O

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Sounds like I should pack up the trunk with tins and head on down to the rio. Dottie, I'll be the guy with the beard. I'll just toss the tins across the river. Bring a catchers mit, I can throw pretty hard.
Thanks Cosmic, but you’d have to be able to throw at least 12 miles, because in Mexico there are two borders, and it’s the one 12 miles inland that counts!
Dottie, forgive my ignorance but I've done little in the way of international travel. Is it not possible to have tobacco shipped into Mexico, period? Is it legal to have a visitor from the US carry tins across? Just seems ridiculous to me.
Settersbrace, it is specifically pipe tobacco that is prohibited to be shipped into Mexico, cigarettes and cigars are permitted in small quantities by mail or courier; whether it ever gets to you or not is another question!
By car 1 tin per person, by plane 4 tins per person.
Where do you live Dot? I can ask one of our LatAm guys to bring some next time they go to Mexico.
Andy
I live in Mexico City, andystewart, and if anyone’s coming down this way the limit is 200 grams, which comes out to 4 tins per person. I would be thrilled to get some Dunhill EMP, Old Dublin and Irish Oak from Peterson and a tin of something in a flake.
No imports?! I guess I should stop complaining about the selection in Peru. At least I can order off the internet, even if the shipping does come out to $5 a tin.
As for Peru, pipesinperu, if it was just a question of $5 a tin shipping, I would be in heaven!

On the good side Cigar Leaf is next to free at $4 per Kilo wholesale. I just picked 500 grms for under $8, but man can't live on Cigar Leaf alone!
Thanks to all for your concern, let the truth be know and may the Lord have Mercy on me!

I have heard of people claiming to have had an order get through the mail as undeclared, but I’m not that much of a risk taker.

Status
Not open for further replies.