PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
So anyone is interested I will be buying more tobacco Thursday best ones to purchase I will share with the person who's suggestions I take up.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I figured I would do this every 3 months be a good way to get some new stuff and try some new things and give back to the folks who helped.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
If you're looking to transition to English blends from aromatics I'd suggest starting with something like the Frog Morton series, Sutliff Blend #5 and Spilman mixture. They are not strong lat blends but will give you a sense of what is going on with English style tobaccos.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
What about a good solid English blend? I know a lot on here are fans of that so mightiest well get something in return for the help.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
I like to suggest Seattle pipe club Mississippi River or(and) Plum Pudding.

They are mild and like a bridge from aromatic to english.

Or new one is Tsuge Ryujin for little strong, full and solid english.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
What about a good solid English blend?
Did you mention in another thread that you already were ordering from Boswells?
If so ... toss a sample of Northwoods in on your next order ... it's good stuff! :puffy:

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Will do cobguy that order shouldn't be to bad considering I know what I want from them, its just the matter of finding some other things from other companies right now, and as far as that goes ive heard a lot of different things... mostly the transition English blends, but as I said whatever blends I purchase I will pm and send out to whomevers suggestion I purchased.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Wow that's pretty fortunate for me guys having a that close and also boswells is about 3 and half hrs, really looking forward to going there.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
OK well heres is the list of my order will be placed on Thursday.

Frog mortons Cellar

Seatle Pipe club plum pudding

HH old dark fired

Solani Silver flake blend

F&K lancer slices

Mcclelands Three oaks Syrian

Dans tobacco Da vinci

I will pm you guys for the ones you guys suggested I figured as I ordered extra I can send you guys an ounce of what you suggested.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I was really looking for the penzance but only place available is 4 noggins and its a 130 dollar bag.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Totally will and yea I haven't seen that video yet I have seen reviews by that guy before though. I really like youtube reviews though it helps to give you a heads up of what cut of tobacco your going to be working with.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
That's cool I will have to look into that for sure, ive also looked at the post about Gandalf and the hobbits there is a brand of tobacco based off lord of the rings? my curiosity may be my Achilles on this one lol. Anyone sampled that stuff? I saw the website its 11 bucks to sample?? And yea im not sure what English blends I like. I want to get to a point to where I can have an go to English blend, American blend and an aromatic. Boswells berry cobbler was my favorite aromatic so far, my go to as far as aromatics was cornell and diehls autumn evening.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Squadron leader, English Luxus, and man's best friend were my first forays in latakia/English style blends. Well worth checking out. Good luck !!!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
shanelktown wrote:
I was really looking for the penzance but only place available is 4 noggins and its a 130 dollar bag.
4noggins has been out of stock on Penzance for quite sometime and they have NEVER, much less would they EVER charge such a ridiculous price! Just where are you getting your information from????

Status
Not open for further replies.