PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this vendor Esalmecs1/ on ebay was using images from my listing on a Peterson 999 Dracula. I messaged the guy privately about the issue and instead of amicably settling the issue, the genius posts an insulting message on the listing Question and Answer section.
I cannot list the URL to my own listing here because of forum rules, but here is the image of his insulting message and my answer to him.
2I9lYbD.png

Full Image View
Kindly avoid this person in the future. Despite being someone with 100% positive feedback, the guy is still an ass.
Cheers,

Chris

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Thanks for the heads up.
HA !!
He's definitely going to take a hit on that Korean Epiphone he's trying to sell. The Universe seems to have doomed him already.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Howdy The Pipe Monk,
I used to have the same problem with sellers using my photos. That all ended (for the most part) when I added a watermark to my pics. It is easy to do and eBay's Seller System actually does it for you, if desired. Now, if it is brought to my attention that someone is using a photo of mine, all I have to do is report it to eBay and they remove the listing and warn the seller that using another member's photos is a violation of eBay policy and can result in suspension. That way, you don't have to get personally involved with dealing with dead heads.
Here's the eBay link describing how you can add your own watermark - http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/pictures.html#adding

@Mayfair @george Made me smile dear Sir.
@pipestud Hi Steve, I didn't wanted to report the guy thats why I sent him a personal message so it could be resolved amicably without ebay's intervention. Even I have used pictures of other people's work IF I was selling their stock or product and only after having their explicit permission to do so. The guy replied back saying he's having a bad year. I consider people in our community to be honorable and didnt wanted to seem like a jerk to the other person. I'll use the watermark as you suggested in my future postings.
@sable Jesse, perks of the human condition I guess ;)
Thanks everyone for the comments.
Cheers

Chris

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
eBay is an absolute cesspool now. Steve, I don't know how you do it!
I recently sold something to a buyer with 100% positive feedback but 2 of his 5 comments said the he wouldn't pay for what he won. Guess what happened?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Steve has the best approach. Watermarking your images will eliminate 90% of the problem. The truly tenacious offenders will respond best when eBay handles the inquiry.

4etecjonathan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 16, 2015
I hate buying anything over the net.. I've had my credit card number hijacked before and that sucks. It's really too bad that sometimes we are forced into buying something we ant over it off Ebay because you can't find it anywhere else. I'm glad somebody found out and let all know about this piece of slime.
Jon :puffpipe:

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Wow, I normally don't post a lot of stuff on any forum except for when I need some information or help with something. That is an ugly situation. I put stuff on ebay from time to time, normally pipes and it's a painstaking labor of love to refurbish a pipe for resale. Between stem oxidation, making sure a chamber is in good enough condition to give years of use, making the thing look perfect, taking pictures, descriptions, research, etc. It's really a shame someone would use a good tool in such a scummy way. Sadly, this is not a suprising or rare situation. Good on you TPM! Thanks for the heads up!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
@Scarface- I am well and truly intrigued. "...some christian sold me a hat...". Please elaborate on this gem of a statement, I'm dying to know more. By the way, please go back to capitalizing and using punctuation. I know it's hard to do a good turnover when your personalities change shifts, but it does make your semi-coherent ramblings slightly easier to follow.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
@Scarface- I am well and truly intrigued. "... some christian sold me a hat ...". Please elaborate on this gem of a statement, I'm dying to know more. By the way, please go back to capitalizing and using punctuation. I know it's hard to do a good turnover when your personalities change shifts, but it does make your semi-coherent ramblings slightly easier to follow.
Still scratching my head on that one also?

May 31, 2012
Ha the hat came with a card that said thank you and some bible verse...
Which Bible verse was it?
Something from Revelations?
It's all Greek to me,

or KJV,

make that Hebrew,

or really Aramaic.
Morals are good,

hats are bad.

:)

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I think Christians wear a hat best, think John Wayne, Humphrey bogart, Sherlock Holmes , frank Sinatra et al. Whereas other religions seem to lack style,IMHO think Osama bin laden (rag hat) Hasidic Jews (Homburg hat) nice hat but don't suit the clothes they wear, & I've never seen an Asian wear a trilby that suits. No offence meant. Just wanted to stand up for us Christians in this ever confusing, politically correct world.

Status
Not open for further replies.