PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Been giving my son buzz cuts due to having tubes in his ears and trying to keep water out of them. He's four. Today after trimming his hair, he looks at me and says, "Next"!
"Me"?
"Uh-huh"!
I love it! :rofl:
20180916_035429.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: olkofri

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Chasing Embers:
When I was a lad my late father went through a phase where he cut our (I have two older brothers) hair at home, ostensibly to save money. The length of yours on top (as seen above) is just about that where he would have decided that ours needed to again be shorn. As a result our heads resembled fuzzy peaches for several years.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I've been zapping mine off with a clipper with no guard every two weeks for over 20 years now. Liberating, isn't it?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks good! I haven't had a short cut since I was about ten. At the time, I looked awfully gawky, skinny hyper little kid, but wow, did it feel good. Then of course in Navy boot camp, but that's boot camp. Freeing. You're a good dad to support your kid in his "look." I think your son takes after you with a dry quick wit. Next?

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Most of my adult life was spent working where haircut regulations were in existence. I trim the chops carefully, the stashe not so carefully. No haircuts for the last few years though. A bit of elderly rebellion I guess. No one cares so, I'm not sure what/who I'm rebelling against. My neck is warmer in January so that's a benefit.
cosmic: I do have to steam and stretch my hat once a month or so.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Yup, been cutting my hair myself for about 25 years and it's a buzz cut like yours. I went from having a pony tail to the buzz cut and never looked back. No muss, no fuss. Just wear a hat around the other pirates. :mrgreen:

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
My hair care routine is similar. Whenever it starts looking like I need a comb, I cut it all off.
I got a fancy barbershop cut about a year ago, for the first time in 16 years. It felt odd and I spent more that day than the other 16 years combined!
That's tobacco money... (Get off my lawn...)
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.