PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yllwbeard

Lurker
Nov 23, 2014
Hi everybody. I bought a Butz Choquin pipe the other day in a flea market in Greece. I was wondering if anyone had any information about the model. It has Flash 023 stamped under the brand name. I can upload pictures if anyone wants to see. I am curious about the age of the pipe and overall quality as I am pretty new at pipe smoking.
Thanks, Yllwbeard

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
I have a Butz as well, and its a marvelous smoke. Its a full bent calabash. Unsure of the markings. I'll post a pic when I get home.
I found no informations for Butz and 023, so I can't help you there.

yllwbeard

Lurker
Nov 23, 2014
Thanks for the effort and great Im eager to see yours! From what I have been told they are wonderful pipes. I still have to clean mine before smoking since it was most definitely smoked quite a bit judging from the heavy cake!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have two BC's, a bent blast billiard 1304 Caprice, and a Rocaille blast 1601 straight billiard, both

readily viewed at online retailers. They great, light weight pipes in traditional designs, and good smokers

along the lines of Stanwells and Sav's. I don't know about your particular model, but French pipes from

St. Claudes generally provide elegant traditional designs at excellent prices. Many of the lauded English

designs follow the French designs. If your pipe is in good shape, it will deliver a fine smoke for years to come.

yllwbeard

Lurker
Nov 23, 2014
This is great news!! I picked it up for about 6$ American. Sounds like a steal regardless of its age. I'm looking forward to my first smoke with it, I will be sure to let everyone know.

yllwbeard

Lurker
Nov 23, 2014
My pipe is very similar to this one....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Butz-Choquin-Flash-020-Full-Bent-Rusticated-Briar-Estate-Tobacco-Pipe-/171516175215?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ef29236f
also it has Auden France, stamped near the stem.

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
Here is my BC Calabash

9wNYAV8Teb7SXhlOC7aBWN95drumXd_dUIZ-dxGS2Q6IwkBOZo4mT3lWgNFGqLVIUtuzppLXxlQ=w1896-h852

lM3b451-OtGKkqWFslVf2ZMIPspOmKWx2FXI6Rhvv8hUBcpp5GH3rWVtL22NzChSxyJqZsySHYY=w1896-h852

Status
Not open for further replies.