PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

latbomber

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2013
Hello everyone,
I've been lurking here for awhile and finally joined, figured a pipe review would make a good first post!
I just picked up a black, barrel bowled BC petite churchwarden from my local shop (city cigar vancouver) Ive been hovering around this pipe ever since I saw in the the last sherlock holmes film (pictured in avatar) Ive also been wanting a small pipe that is easy to clench when walking around outside. The bowl is coated in what resembles an ash mix type material, the test draw seemed tight but after running a pipe cleaner through it some of this material was cleared from the airhole and the pipe drew fine. After loading it up tightly with some London Mixture I went outside. Surprisingly, this smoke lasted 30 minutes! With the size of this bowl I was expecting 10-15m tops so I was quite pleased, the perfect amount of time for a short walk. The small bowl diameter and thin stem resulted in a concentrated flavour that was also surprising. Overall a highly recommended little pipe!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Welcome to the forum! Nice to have another Canadian on the boards. Congrats on your new pipe. Glad it's smoking well for you. Post us a pic or 2 of your pipe.
-- Pat

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Thanks and heres a pic!
img_1076-600x447.jpg

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Now that is a pipe after my own heart, there are a lot of pipes that I think look nice or I can admire the work, but few I would put down my cash for, and that is one I would buy. You have good taste! Tell me how it smokes. By the way given your name I assume you like Latika blends? What's some you have tried?

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Thanks! Its a great smoker, and it burns the tobacco efficiently due to the small bowl diameter. Great for clenching when walking around or reading. As for tobaccos I typically smoke billy budd, with nightcap or london mix subbed in every now and then. As far as latakia, ive also tried charing cross (more sour/oriental forward) and squadron leader (quite mild, didnt quite satisfy)

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I do love me churchwardens and I love mini pipes. I'm going to have to start looking for one of these.
EDIT: well... that didn't take me long at all. Will have to buy it on my next pay day.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
I have this pipe in red and also the dublin version in red also like the one he smokes at the end of the movie right before he goes over the balcony.I like both pipes but they are not good if you want a good long smoke.I still love them both though.I may pick up the black ones of each style some day.Oh yeah welcome to the forum also. :)

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Thanks guys, yeah I was torn between this and the dublin which is also a very cool pipe but this one appeared to have a slightly bigger bowl so it won this round!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Just completed a clean up on my own petite churchwarden. This one is from Blatter & Blatter in Montreal. An estate find on e-bay it came back to Canada from Australia. I love how diminutive this pipe is. Can't wait to get some flake in it.
-- Pat

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Welcome to the forums. Nice pipe indeed and a cool idea with the $2 bill. My favorite bill after all awesome artwork and none of that weird stuff they did with all the new currency. Happy smoking! :puffy:

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Cool, good to see a Canadian made pipe! This class of pipe has quickly become one of my favorites!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome to the forums, Latbomber! :clap:

That BC petite churchwarden is a elegant looking pipe, and probably ideal as a coffee break pipe. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.