PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
After a meer 10 hours of cleaning, rubbing, hand buffing, 73 pipe cleaners and 34 Q-tips, I have put it into smokeable condition. I didn't re-stain any part of it, just 2 coats of Wood and Leather beeswax.
Before Pic

092.jpg

After Pics

001-7.jpg

002.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-5.jpg

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Smokes great! I removed the stinger before cleaning. Loaded it with Drum and Penzance layered. Doesn't run "Hot" like some of my other smaller pipes do. It is about a 35 minute smoke and no gurgling.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
what did you use on the stem?
On the outside of the stem. 600 grit wet paper and plain hot water while rubbing, then repeat with 1500 grit, then repeat with 3000 grit, then repeat with Majic Eraser, then repeat with micro mesh. Finally 2 coats of Lip-Ex Wild Cherry Lip Balm, that I stole from the Wife. Took about 4 hours just for the outside of the stem. Inside stem was 95% Ethanol Rubbing Alochol, plain pipe cleaners and bristle cleaners. Finished off with pipe cleaner dipped in Brandy.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Great Job Fisher.... I had no idea Choquin made small pipes like that. I've seen his Calabash's.

But you did a real Bag-Up-Job on that one....
(Oh, Ummmm, I never say "Spit and Rub Rub Rub" out loud around here... Last time I did my wife came and

sat on my lap for an hour... I couldn't get rid of her) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.