PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
PS Luxury Twist Flake has a bit of a butterscotch taste to me. Or maybe it's caramel. It's been a while since I've smoked it but I remember a distinct sweet flavor.

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
Trout Stream by either 4-Noggins or P&C "Scotties Trout Stream". They are about the same in taste and flavor.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Footnote: Whatever happened to butterscotch as a food flavor? It used to be a standard sundae topping, but now it's all caramel. Luckily my wife makes a fine butterscotch sauce, but I feel sorry for the kids of the world who don't have my wife as their aunt.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
MSO: butterscotch is definitely my favorite sundae sauce. I'm also a sucker for cookies with half cinnamon chips and half butterscotch chips

Jun 27, 2016
Rattray's Red Rapparee kept giving me light butterscotch and malted flavors, which is why I am trying to get rid of it. =) Not a big fan of butterscotch or malt here. Molasses, you might try McClellands Classic Samsun, it's got a molasses-based smoked beef taste to it, but it's not overly sweet. Not sure if that is what you are looking for. :puffy:

backwoodsjack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2015
Central Minnesota
While contemplating a personal blend, I would keep thinking butterscotch cream.

But in a subtle and organic way.

I mix a roughly 60-40 blend of six pence to old ironsides.
The rum, dark fired, and perique are probably the main culprits.

Makes a supercharged black Frigate.
Rich and flavor-full. Somewhat butterscotchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.