PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I was able to buy two tins from 4Noggins last night before they sold out today.
My question is; If the labeling is correct, it is mostly Latakia, followed by Turkish, then Orientals and finally Virginias. Since Virginias benefit the most from aging/cellaring and this is the least type of tobacco in the blend, is it worth cellaring or should I go ahead a pop a tin when it arrives? If it is going to improve with age, I have many other blends I can smoke in the meantime.
Suggestions.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Honestly, while I am not sure of the percentage of Lat, I would call it heavy on lat. Whatever amount is in their is well balanced and although you do taste it, it's not at the forefront. Likewise, the orientals and help in check and do not dominate the taste in my opinion although they are the star. The Virginia is probably the easiest to pick up on due to the sweetness but again, is not the main flavor. I was actually shocked at how well balanced the blend was. I have no idea how it will age but it is quite tasty right now, if my tin was any indication. If it were me, I would pop one and cellar the other. But I have way too many open tins at the moment, so I may be the wrong person to ask.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
My life is way too orderly to have more than eight opened tins at one time. I'm just wondering if the Pelican should be next up or let it age? I also have a definite rotation for which pipe I smoke next. That way I treat all of my pipes fairly. If I find myself not liking a certain pipe, I get rid of it rather than look at it and feel guilty. :puffy:

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
If you need a mild to medium English with a focus on orientals as part of your rotation, put it in the line up. If you have that covered, then lay it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.