PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
In the early hours of this morning there was a meth lab busted 3 blocks from me despite being a small rule coumminity we have this problem too. Well as the bust went down I got to thinking I know this is a dangrous thing

for me. If all these anti smoking people took a stand agenst a real threat maybe just maybe it would make a difference in the number of labs. Lets face facts here the risk of cancer from a lab and its runoff and vapors produced are greater then that of secons hand expouser if there is any risk at all from second hand smoke not to bring up the other dangers like explosions the criminal eliment comming in and out of your neighborhood ect.

Lets be real here about 90% of us live within a cpl blocks of a lab and do not know it.

What really the bigger health issue here? Is it all policital are big companies behind the anti smoking movement to help increse their profit? Just something to think about.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Point is they pose a greater health risk than second hand smoke wheres the people being nazis about it?

xray

Might Stick Around
Oct 1, 2011
NJ
You haven't provided any evidence that those outside of meth labs are at a greater risk for cancer than second-hand smoke or for "about 90%" of us living withing a couple of blocks of a meth lab. I highly doubt there is enough of a demand for meth that there are enough of them that 90% of us live that close to one. I'm all for a good anti-anti-smoking rant, but when it appears one is making stuff up...

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Yes, meth labs do pose a greater health risk. Which is why they're illegal and subject to the types of crackdowns you so adequately described.
Let's not compare our absolutely legal hobby to meth labs, shall we?

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
numbers I used were run on cnn hls and fox news with no verance between numbers

and i was not compairing something legal to something thats not you totally missed the point of the post.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
...you totally missed the point of the post.
You're going to hate me for saying this Jaysin, but what was your point?
Meth labs are dangerous and illegal. The cops spend a considerable amount of time in every community trying to eradicate them. I'm sure people who are anti-smoking are against these as well, but since they are already illegal, what are they supposed to do? Protest in front of some Hell's Angels' meth lab? (assuming they could even find one) Well, have fun!!
Tobacco on the other hand, is still somewhat socially acceptable. Anti-smokers don't like it. Hence they spend their time fighting against it.
No big mystery here.
Is it all policital are big companies behind the anti smoking movement to help increse their profit?
Huh?

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
juvat270

Not going to hate you. Point is this if these anti smokers would target something thats more of a danger things may be different. And as my comment about tobacco companies yeah may be a far feched conspircy thory but still possable business are shady hell Ive owned a couple businesses and know what others will do to get aleg up and max their profits. HellsAngels I wouldnt be afraid to do it.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Mod please close post as it was taken the wrong way and I dont want it to cause conflict with people. Thanks

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I live in Western MD. The MD State Police just bused a meth lab in a tiny town near here, just last week. The town has a population of maybe 500. The lab was in a nice looking home, right on Main Street, amazing.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
so Jaysin, did you suspect this house as being a shady place before it was taken down by the police?
I live in California, I know there's meth labs flourishing in the rural areas, sometimes they get caught with large amounts of their product on them, you hear about it every so often.
My Mom had to ask the pharmacist for Sudafed a few weeks ago, because it's held behind the counter because it contains pseudoephedrine ... and we live in a simple, low crime suburb.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
actually zanthal this one was in a heating and cooling business in the back warehouse the owner of the business was doing it the only way he got on the police radar is because someone cut a deal otherwise no one would ever thought of this person.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I used to live in Waco and it's probably the Meth capital of Texas. Because of Meth and Crack, there's hardly any part of Waco left that is actually worth a shit. The police actually get Federal money to bust up these drug rings and they are still way behind the curve as far as keeping up with the demand that drives that industry.
I think something that illustrates Jaysin's point is Bloomberg banning smoking in Central Park while doing nothing about all the cracked out derelicts who wander around causing all sorts of problems and trashing up the scenery.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I've never heard of a meth lab in my neighborhood, or even in my country for that matter. But aren't they dangerous mostly because they are liable to explode?

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I don't see how anyone can say that the government is ignoring drug sales or manufacturing. Making meth will get you up to 20 years in a federal pen, and as of right now we have a larger percentage of our population in prison than any other country in the world (more than even Soviet Russia has, although we are a "free" country and they were a "police state"). I've yet to see anyone arrested for possessing pipe tobacco -- if you get caught with something even as innocuous as pot, you're going to end up in a load of expensive trouble.
Hey -- I'm opposed to the government cracking down on us, too, but let's not distort things. And I fear that one day tobacco will be illegal -- which would be completely consistent, unfortunately, with how we already react to the idea of citizens using most substances, even in their own homes. I'm surprised (happy, but surprised) that it's taken this long for it to start catching up with us.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
juni

anhydrous amona is a cancer causing substance and I cannot speak for all states in Indiana you have to have a licens to use it for farm applactions I do not know whats involved in geting the licens.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
doctorthoss

I dont know what state your in that is using the feds on this Indiana sure the hell aint doing it.

There is this chick here got busted with a lab twice in a 2 week period sentenced 4 yrs out in under 2 possesion year out in 3 to 6 months

Status
Not open for further replies.