PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Some of you may remember a spectacular burned-through Peterson Dublin; It was suggested by mso that Peterson ought to offer something for the trouble I went through with the vendor in terms of refund and associated general aggravation. On pondering this--I don't think I am a litigious sort--I thought, "Yeah, it really would be nice if they offered something for all the headaches this incident caused." I mentioned it in a letter to Peterson; they shortly responded they'd like to send me a pipe pouch for all the irritation endured, and they were as good as their word; this arrived in the post today, a nice, leather pouch with latex lining, button snaps, and a flex-metal bow in the lip of the pouch to keep it closed. I thought it was kind of neat, and ideal for keeping small amounts of tobacco on me.

img_1108-600x395.jpg

img_1109-532x600.jpg

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Brrrr. Seeing daylight through that hole still brings back creepy memories...Having said that, the pouch was indeed a nice offering, and ideal for carrying small amounts of tobacco in a breast pocket of a jacket.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Perfect ending.
You get a new pipe/refund. (Agreed it was a headache, to be sure.)
And Peterson, given the opportunity, steps up with a gift, acknowledges and apologizes for a "Shit Happens" moment and more than likely retains you as a customer.
More importantly, Fred, you've got a spectacular story - with pix to document - the most amazing burnout any piper will ever, ever see. And you'll own that story for the rest of your life.
It's a win-win all the way around.
Fnord

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
A satisfactory end. But the piping gods want to keep me from getting complacent: this morning, lighting up one of my new pipes, from a well-known, reputable company from an equally reputable vendor, started bubbling its finish. I called the vendor to arrange for an exchange, with assurance that this kind of shredding of coating sometimes happens because of a bad portion of finish. The maker wasn't Peterson, BTW. Sometimes you can't win for losing.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I cannot believe they gave you a pouch when it was clearly your fault for burning out that pipe. You really put one over on them. Way to go Sparrow. :nana:

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
You have a beautiful family, cigar master, so I will forgo sending some big nasty buddies from Detroit to visit you. You'll excuse me now, I've got a bunch of pipes to start vigorously puffing on to see if I can duplicate the previous burn through.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
LMAO, Harris.
Sparrow, you're effed.
Various companies will soon start banning you from their websites and re-seller's websites. Soon, the Internet will be ablaze with your name and you'll be a cob smoker until God calls you home.
I'll try and slip you a briar from time to time but I'm neither trustworthy or loyal.
Good luck, pally.
Fnord

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Congrats on the resolution! Not seeing the original thread I am glad links to it were posted in this one.
I never though read a description of what it was like for that thing to fire up in front of your face. I bet you said DAMM!
Maybe though its a new system prototype. Did you ever ask Peterson if that was a new method for gurgle or tongue bite control?
Last joke .. That brings new meaning to the phrase " A problem blew up in my face"
All seriousness, You seem happy and satisfied. That's what counts! It also feels good when a company takes care of you when your in need versus turning their backs. Nice job Peterson and congrats Hawk.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
sparrow, go for it, bring your Detroit Crew and I will bring my old Boston crew. My current Florida crew are not messing with their daily shuffleboard tourny's.

Status
Not open for further replies.