PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
After discovering carter hall and burleys in general, I have started smoking them more and more. I realy enjoy the burley flavor. Ive been wanting to try a burley that isnt as aromatic as carter hall, and maybe a strait burley in the high nicotene range. Ive read a bunch of reviews, but was wondering if anyone had any recomendations for a good nutty non aromatic burley?

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
4Noggins "Down by the River"

A great Burley blend that is a slightly sweet, mostly nutty smoke that does not require full attention in order to enjoy it. Good day or night, it won't foul up your pipe or burn wet, and never exhibits the Burley end of bowl ashy taste.

I received a free sample from Rich with my last order. Very Tasty

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
I havent heard much about Solani Aged Burley Flake, Ill have to look into it

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I really like Peterson's University Flake which is a VA/Burley blend. It is readily available, has a nice amount of nicotine, and oh so rich and smooth.

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
@weezell Ive tried five brothers and enjoy the strength of it, I just cant keep it going at it for long, it burns so fast im done with my bowl before I know it even when I pack it crazy tight.
@venturer The description of down by the river sounds just like what Im looking for, I will deffinatly have to give that one a try.

alphaflux

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
United States
My two favorites, so far, are:

- Cornell & Diehl: Burley Flake #3 (Afternoon &/or evening)

- Solani: 656 Aged Burley Flake (Morning)
Happy puffing! :puffy:

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Another Solani Aged Bueley fan. Been collaring that for a few years now. I have heard good things about C&D Burley #3. Have to try that soon!!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I've been investigating burleys for a while and for me, one of the best "nutty" burleys is Blend 00 ("double-oh") from Uhle's. It's plain, not sweet, not harsh, but nice and nutty with leather and barn-like aromas.
Prince Albert, mentioned above, is also a good, plain, nutty burley. I didn't find it aromatic at all, thought there is some kind of very slight casing or topping.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Wessex Burley Slices is my favorite burley and one of my favorite tobaccos period. It has a slight molasses thing around the edges.

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
Thanks everyone! I have a lot of ideas for my next TAD attack. Im going to have to try and get my hands on at a least a little bit of everything suggested.
@ejames Not really an Aro, but the smell from the tin isnt really that of strait tobacco. I guess I meant something differnt

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
MacBaren Burley London Blend and Symphony. I've been wanting to try Norwood and Golden Extra as well.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Is carter Hall considered to be an aeromatic blend? I was just saying in another thread that I do not really beileive myself to be an aero type of guy (then again, I have only tried two areos thus far), but Carter Hall has been my favorite blend (of the 4 total I have tried) thus far. I was under the impression that it was considered a "coger" blend (not even really sure what that means TBH). :oops:
Perhaps I need to re-evaluate my thoughts on aeros, or try smoking a quality aero blend? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.