PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Last month I posted asking what burley is like. I have the answer. Burley is good. Burley is our friend.
I tried: Mans best friend, golden burley, French quarter, And have some Kentucky Planter en route...

I occasionally will enjoy a bowl of cart Hall or Burley Light Without Bite, and I especially love Kentucky Dark Fired for the N kick and that deep down smokey taste. But (For Me) when I smoke a burley, which doesn't bite me, it messes with the PH balance in my mouth, so that when I go back to one of the more acidic Virginias, I then get a bite.
This is why I look for that burley taste in new blends and aros, to see if I am going to get a bite with my next bowl of Va or VaPer. It's not that the burley taste is bad (to me), but messes with the way I enjoy my more preferred blends.
And, note, this is my observations. Some may be able to switch back and forth with no problems, and for that I am just slightly jealous. I wish I could switch back and forth with no problems. It may just be a dietary or body chemistry thing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
cosmicfolklore, that's an astute observation. I'm not picking up on that relationship between burley and how I experience

other tobaccos, but it is an interesting point. More moist tobacco definitely bites me more. Some of the aromatics seem

to bite more, either because of the moisture or perhaps the chemicals given off by burning flavoring ingredients. It seems

that some people don't taste burley, or taste it as bland. It has good flavor to me, and it adds flavor in combination with

other tobaccos, like some of the Va/bur/Cav blends, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.