PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
I've been on a Burley binge for the past 4 months or so. Wessex Burley Slices took me down the rabbit hole. In the last month though, I've been trying to hit some of the better US Store blends, starting with Watch City Slices from Watch City Cigar. Then Peretti's #8 Slices and #52 Blend. And just off the truck this morning I picked up some Uhles #44, and #300,which I'm smoking right now. I haven't tried any Wilke's Burley blends yet.Any other store blends I need to try?

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Uhle's 00, Solani ABF & Silver Flake; CD Big N'Burley/ OJK /White Burley; GLP - JKP/TriplePlay; John Patton Storm Front; Mac Baren Old Dark Fired & Bold Kentucky; Petersons - Irish Flake & 3Ps ... so many great burleys.

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
Got the manufacturers side covered. I'm looking at Brick and Mortar Store Blends.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
No. 8 Slices is a VaPer that has Burley. It is not a Burley blend. It is still really good and I have my share.

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
McCranie's - Old Master and maybe John Patton - Storm Front as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Outliers might be Tabac-Manil Semois, thick and medium cut, the Belgium variant. It's not a store blend, but I thought I should mention it. Second the motion on Peretti's #52. Study the C&D line; many of their blends include burley though they may not be burley first. Also look at some of the old line Iwan Ries tobaccos that contain burley or are mostly burley; they are, of course, both online and a brick-and-mortar. And finally, PC has its Home and Hearth Midtown series of match tub tobaccos several of which have burley, including the non-aromatic Chestnut, a Walnut match. I also second GLP Triple Play, a fine burley plug. Burley is funny leaf, experienced differently by folks. Some can't taste it at all; some can taste it and find it repulsive; some like it selectively; and some people seem to enjoy all things burley. I feel lucky that mostly I do.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Peretti 333 is great. Original is anoth good, though more fragrant choice.
Solani Aged Burley Flake, of course. MacBaren London Blend, if you can find it. Golden Extra is a fair substitute with more Virginia. And you could do much worse than Sir Walter.
As for P&W, Nut Brown Burley is back in production for the time being.

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
I think one of the finest burley forward blends is the grand old blend by Savinelli: Doblone d'Oro. Delicious, quality burleys, some dark fired, some perique and VAs, too. There are excellent reviews of it.
Oh and if you are near Boswell's, their Premium Burley blend is worth a try-out smoke.

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
I think we all should focus on what swb118 asked for, rather than what we like.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
The topic reminds me a song:
Burley Burley Burley

Going through emotion

Love is where you find it

Listen to your heart

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I think we all should focus on what swb118 asked for, rather than what we like.
I think that is how you make a recommendation. He asked if anyone else had suggestions. As far as whether they are "store" blends, we may have covered all the B&M's that actually blend their own tobacco at this point. Those are few and far between these days.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
C&D Big 'n Burley. It will smack you before you realize its tasty goodness has that much punch.

Keep a glass of cool beverage, water or tea, handy and put sipping that into your cadence...you'll get through the whole bowl w/o a hiccupping nicotine meltdown.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
A friend sent raw Burley the other day. I have to admit: there is something compelling about this flavor. Burley tastes natural and good the same way green tea and roast chestnuts do.

Status
Not open for further replies.