PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwlinder111

Lurker
Aug 13, 2016
So I am new to this lifestyle as I'll call it. In my short month I have been smoking I have grown found of my local tobacconist house blend burley. I am writing to see if there are any burleys that could be recommended. Thanks

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Go to one of our online sponsors, and then to Cornell & Diehl tobaccos both tinned and bulk (sold in baggies). C&D is at the forefront of burley blends and has scores of blends. I'd buy in small quantities and sample a selection. You might like Billy Budd, Old Joe Krantz, and many others.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Many will recommend Haunted Bookshop and Burley Without Bite
I'm currently smoking Mac Baren Golden Extra (or Golden Blend if you are in Europe). This stuff is mild but tasty. I'm also a big fan of Peterson Irish Flake and Peterson University Flake.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Another place to check out is Uhle's. Many of their blends date back to the late 1930's and 1940's. Some fine burley blends by them. Good luck with your progress.

Mar 1, 2014
Being the Aromatic nut that I am, Cornell & Diehl Crooner is pretty good. Some people say it could ghost your pipe, I might agree.
I'd have no objection to a straght cube cut Burley either.

Check out Five Brothers for the lowest maintenance smoke you will ever find.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
I like Billy Budd, Carter Hall and Captain Black. You might want to try some Dark Fired Kentucky, Id suggest War Horse Ready-Cut or get a Kentucky Dark Fired Step Ladder Sampler from P&C
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/samplers/90372/kentucky-dark-fired-step-ladder-sampler/#p-169218

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
C&D Big and Burley really floats my goat as my morning commute smoke.

Yea that stuff floats mine too............... :rofl:
oZBxAB1.jpg

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
By all means support our sponsors; they make this site possible. However, one of the finest is Pipeworks and Wilke Nut Brown Burley.

samon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2015
Ignore all the above and get a tin of Solani - Aged burley flake! ;)
Just kidding, get them all. :)

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Here here for Solani Aged Burley Flake!! Burley nectar and ambrosia rolled into one!!

:clap:

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I have some burley blends, but have ordered a fair amount of this for blending, and it blends real good:
"Peter Stokkebye 312 Toasted Burley is a new addition to the lineup. This nutty Burley is gently toasted which helps to remove bitterness and adds more depth to the flavor. This is a particularly good tobacco to use when you want to lighten the flavor of a blend."
Brand Peter Stokkebye

Blend Type Burley Based

Contents Burley

Flavoring None

Cut Broken Flake

Packaging Bulk

Country NL

Production Currently available

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I spent years smoking nothing but Carter Hall. Up until recently I have taken advice from the great guys here and have discovered 702 burley by Peter Stokkebye. It has become my new favorite, mixed with Carter Hall or smoked by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.