PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I asked this question a couple of years ago to see what we were paying across the world. What are you paying these days for one ounce of pipe tobacco from your local B&M?

I'm paying $5.75.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
The local shop charges $5/oz. Although their "ounce" seems rather skimpy compared to what I've received from online retailers. It also came rather damp , so the water could have contributed extra weight that reduced the volume of tobacco per ounce.

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
I'm currently in the UK where an ounce of pipe tobacco will set you back at least $8.75; it mostly tins which range from $17.50 - 20.
In France I've never seen bulk tobacco but then I don't live in a major city and a ban on internet sales doesn't help, tins range from $17.50 - 22

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
When I was loading up on Samuel Gawith bulk flakes in the summer of 2012, I was paying about 3.62 per ounce. I bought none from my local b/m as I only buy tobacco online. My most expensive bulks are Stonehaven and other assorted Esoterica bulks and those cost 4.37 and ounce.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Last time I bought at a B&M it was about 18$ an ounce, it's definitely gone up as this was years ago.

dadgy

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2015
$3.70/oz when buying by the pound for the only blend I buy at a B&M

Status
Not open for further replies.