PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchynumkins

Lurker
Apr 24, 2019
One of my local B&M shops stocks a pretty decent selection of Dunhill blends in bulk. Last time I was in there I asked the proprietor how much longer these were going to be around since I heard that Dunhill was no longer in production. He went on to tell me that only Dunhill tins were out of production. Anyone know if this is true? I’ve done some quick google searching but haven’t found anything regarding this. In fact I haven’t seen anything about Dunhill bulk at all.

redglow

Lifer
Jan 7, 2019
Michigan
I don't believe so. But, I'm not "in the know".
I stopped into a tobacco store in Kentucky a few months ago and the guy there told me the same thing. Says he gets 16 lbs at a time. Of course, he was out when I was there.

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
My B.S.-O-meter would lead me to call him on that one. I know you used to be able to get 965, EMP and Nightcap in bulk, but all production stopped. Otherwise everyone would have it, not just your B&M.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Perhaps they are getting Sutliff matches and not telling people that?

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I don't believe so. But, I'm not "in the know".
I stopped into a tobacco store in Kentucky a few months ago and the guy there told me the same thing. Says he gets 16 lbs at a time.
I'm not the most knowledgeable either, but I'm pretty sure the Dunhill bulk blends are/were 5lb bags.

lunchynumkins

Lurker
Apr 24, 2019
Yeah, I was pretty dubious of that assertion but I’ve only been smoking a pipe for a couple of months and figured I should check here. I have to admit I haven’t been overwhelmed by any of the local shops I’ve been too yet. I’d love to find a local shop to support so I’ve been spreading about 25% of my purchasing locally in the hopes of making it happen. I was pleased to find some Esoterica in stock today so I snagged a couple of tins of that just to see what the hype is about.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
That’s what is good about b&m shops. The out of stock notices online usually don’t carry over to your local shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.