PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
While Virginia and VaPer flakes and coins are plentiful from various producers, does anyone offer a bulk Burley flake?

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake. Similar to Escudo. Not quite as peppery to me, and the added sweetness of a cavendish center. Available plentifully and cheap.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
LBF's a VaPer. Looking for straight burley flakes in bulk. LBF is great though.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
D'Oh!!!! I totally mis-read your original post. :crazy: My bad. Changed your first word from "while" to "what."

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
That's okay. Seems strange to me that bulk burley flakes seem nonexistant. Have been searching for a couple of days, and it would seem that someone would have marketed it. Hmmm.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Peretti's in Boston offers a burley flake in bulk. It's a good one. Here is the web address. You'll find it under Tobacco/Flakes. Hope that helps.

http://www.ljperetti.com

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

:?: Bulk? Hmmm? The only thing close for me is Ulhe's Perfection Plug, but it's a cube cut. I'm no help.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Aye, Sir! It's very interesting that there is such a lack of burley flakes though. You can find multiple flakes of nearly all genres, but burley seems to be the black sheep. Is burley faltering in popularity, or is it more difficult to make flakes with?

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
It's probably not a high demand blend. First it's flake and secondly it's a straight burley ( not very complex). When I'm in the mood there are two I will smoke. One is Peretti's Burley Slices and the other is Solani's Aged Burley Flake (not a bulk and a little pricy but I think the best there is). I have some aged Burley Slices jarred. Send me your address in a PM and I'll send you a sample to try. Keep in mind it has about five years on it so it's probably a bit more mellow that fresh stock. Dutch

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
Watch City Cigars has their Watch City Slices.
Been awhile since I had it, but it was a decent Burley Flake and offered in bulk.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Don't sweat getting it in bulk and try some of the C&D burley flake that's moderately priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.