PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I troll the site sponsors web sites looking for deals and dreaming about what to order the next time I can pull the trigger. Today I came across a new Sampler at P&C that I have not previously seen and thought I would share.
You can choose 6 different Hearth & Home tobaccos at 2 oz a piece. This is quit a nice option I feel and not something I have seen other places. And I did notice that Freight Train and Vermont Meet Candy were part of the selections so this is not limited to only a few of their selections. I know I will be doing this on my next order.
http://pipesandcigars.com/heandhosa.html#.UPWIMCfBF0k
(Not affiliated with them in any way)

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I must be missing something. . . How is this any different from buying six 2oz. tins, which you can do anywhere, anytime?
Bob

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I left the pricing out. This costs $32.99. This is a deal because this works out to be $2.75 an ounce. On sale right now Hearth & Home 1.5oz tins are $6.59. That comes out to $4.39 per ounce. This sampler is big savings. And to compare it to bulk buys, you would have to buy 16oz of one blend to get a comparable price point. So this beats going and buying a couple of ounces of bulk individually.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
No issue here flintlockjohn. I actually didn't see your post. My previous post was in response to rmbittner.
I originally left out the pricing as I was hoping people would look for them selves as I don't want to be seen as a salesman. I am a Cost Analyst so I see the cost benefits of things rather quickly.
I feel it is a great deal but I guess everyone may not agree.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I got 2 of these samplers to try out 12 of their blends and I added 16oz of Bulk Black House, with the "Blackblood" promo (20% off most H&H tobacco)that ends today, or ended today...not sure. And the promo even applied to the samplers.
I got a helluva deal for sure.
I must be a cost analyst at heart. Finding out which route is more cost effective is fun for me. I've been known to caculate the area of a pizza to figure out which yields a lesser price per inch lol. More often than not the bigger pizza is the better deal, but I do like seeing by how much.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
eaglerico:
Apologies: I didn't follow your link to check things out for myself, which would have clarified everything.
Bob

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Looking forward to this - as I mentioned on another thread, just ordered a tin of Black House and an H&H sampler:
Berry Nice

Grandma's Kitchen

Vermont Meat Candy

House of Lords

Victorian Stroll

Daybreak
One of these days, I'll have enough of a palate to review tobaccos intelligently... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.