PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

huston

Lurker
Dec 11, 2017
hi there, im going to ask you question, everyone hates XD -what pipe can i buy for max. 40-50$? (exept estates).

i will be glad if I hear advices from you )))

I know just theory about pipes :)
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization (please check Rule #9)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know where you are located, but if you have ready access to our sponsor online retailers, you might start by looking at pipesandcigars.com, at examples of Stanwells, Big Ben, and Savinelli (and others) in the $50 neighborhood. Good buys at those prices can also be found at smokingpipes.com, iwanries.com, 4noggins and others. Dr. Grabow, especially the Royalton series with acrylic stems, are very good. Missouri Meerschaum has an array of low-price cob pipes that are fine smokers; I especially like the Dagner/Missouri Meerschaum collaboration, a short poker shape with an acrylic stem and good big bowl. Have fun shopping. I am a Forums promoter of carefully selected, higher quality pipes at lower prices. I treasure the higher end pipes I now own, but I have had excellent luck with many lower priced pipes carefully selected for quality. You can have a great smoke for $40-$50. I recently bought a Tsuge "tasting pipe" from PC for $39.99, a penny below your low end! Have fun and good luck. Welcome aboard.

huston

Lurker
Dec 11, 2017
i found Tsuge "tasting pipe"s they are realy nice (but for 60$ in allmost every site.) i allso thought about Stanwell, Luca Vanetti, Baraccini and Luca Vanetti but i even dont know which is better or why :D

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Those are good options above, corn cob pipes are good to have and cheap. Also you can get Rossi pipes which are Savinelli seconds for $40 at smokingpipes.com

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
SmokingPipes.com, in the list of site sponsors in the left column of this page, has a Pipe Locator button in their top navigation bar. It returns about 10 pages of pipes in the under $50 category.

Jun 27, 2016
If stem material matters to you, keep an eye on it. There are a number of cheaper pipes that I would try, except that they usually seem to have Vulcanite instead of my preferred acrylic. :puffpipe:

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Stanwell is always a good choice. They make very solid pipes. One of the best factory pipes in my opinion, especially the ones made in Denmark. There are still many of these around.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Many great ideas have already been listed. Do not look past the all mighty cob. When I first started out, I was very reluctant to add more than a couple of corncob pipes to my collection. Now, however, I am looking forward to adding a few more new cobs to the ones I already own. Cobs=great smokers at an unbeatable price.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
huston, I know you are looking for a new pipe, but I wanna just say, that imo a $50 estate is way better than $50 nib pipe.

huston

Lurker
Dec 11, 2017
Tnx you guys for very good advices.

Ben88 yeap i know but as first pipe i want it to be new :D
First i understood to buy pipe with acrilic stem.

One more question, pipes with filter (6mm. 9mm) is better or wothout filter? :D i think filter is enough for ciggaret :D i've been smoking for 8 years and now i hate it :D

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The filter debate is ongoing. I have a Vauen pipe that takes a 9MM filter, but it restricts the draw too much for me. They can just be removed and smoked normally.
Lots of good advice for you already, no reason for me to chime in. If you have your heart set on a new pipe there are numerous options.
Welcome to the forum!

huston

Lurker
Dec 11, 2017
Thank you. I'll buy one of tham.

Pipesandcigarc has one detail

Bowl depht ( or something like this :))

Its 1.2-1.5

As i read everyday use pipe can be 1.5?

Its quantity of tobacoo in it but i dont know what time can you smoke pipe whichs depth is for example 1.4??

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
You can buy adaptors to smoke 6 mm pipes with paper or balsa filters without filters. Many work well without filter or adaptor. It depends on your taste. A filter pipe without a filter is often fine, but some pipes may have too open an airway and lose flavor (to some tastes). Savinelli, Rossi, Stanwell, Big Ben and others make some pipe series with no filters. Read the specs carefully to know what you are getting. Phone the retailer if this is not clearly stated.

huston

Lurker
Dec 11, 2017
for me i think pipe without filter is better, isnt it? so it doesnt have any disadvantages pipes withot filter yes?

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
and should you want light-weight Briar pipe with smallish bowl size may I suggest you to take a look at Pipe.Fr those smaller Jeantet pipes are made in France and based on my experience the briar quality is surpricingly good, and they do ship abroad at pretty reasonable rates.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
pipesandcigars has some deals on black and brown brushed Stanwells right now; just use the link to sponsors on the left of Forums in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.