PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
He's not sad he's giving my wife a sad face for a treat.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Cajun, he’s looks like a great pup. When you say “new” I assume you mean puppy? If so, have a blast with training. It’s such a special bonding time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hail to Buddy. What a great focused face he has, and those amazing "articulated" feet. It looks like he could play the piano with both fore and hind paws. Breeds identified with regions are special. Besides which, who can resist saying Catahoula? You just want to work that into the conversation no matter what.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I even went on youTube to see if I am pronouncing Buddy's breed correctly, which generally I am, although I doubt I say it with quite the perfect Cajun lilt. You have to do a few things with those vowels that aren't in my verbal tool box. Those ears are really something too, peppy and forlorn at once.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Good for you Brad! Nothing like a pup to make ya feel like a kid again... :clap:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
From Google, Catahoula are probably a mix of bloodhounds, Mastiffs, and grayhounds, so hound not terrier. They're real smart, so you have to keep the busy. And they are sociable, so are better kept close to their people. It said they're good judges of character!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...maybe sixty pounds full grown? There must be some smaller breeds or other dogs in there. Buddy knows, but he isn't telling.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Buddy hails from the Wright Line, 80 to 100 lbs. I saw a 75 lb Catahoula throw a 2500 lb steer to the ground, ran up and bit the nose and twisted, down went the street. They fight hogs too, owners have learned to make protective gear so hog doesn’t rip them up, they have no fear, will guard you with their life, my first Catahoula Ky saved me from an ass whipping one day. 2 young men were dumping trash on my cane field, foolishly I confronted them without a hog leg, they advanced on me, Ky came up and I never heard that vicious of a growl from him, told them get in the truck and don’t come back. Fed him real good that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.