PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Ok, its been about a year since the last "Bucket List" discussion was brought up. I thought I might start a new thread since there are some new members around (including myself).
So what's on your Bucket List?? This can include anything from places you want to visit before you croak to the "must have tobacco blend" before you meet your maker.
For me: I've always wanted to visit Ireland. Its definitely on the top of my list before I die. I would love to visit the pubs there and smoke my pipe while taking in the beauty of the scenery and history.
Someday....

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Ireland is very high on my list as well! In fact, my wife and I are planning on going within the next 2 years. I love the history and culture over there. Man, to have a beer and smoke my pipes in some of the oldest pubs in the world, visit the old castles, see the countryside and visit the Rock of Cashel. All of this would be absolutely amazing! Oh, I'd definitely have to visit Peterson and buy a pipe from them. There are other things as well, but Ireland is high on the list.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
tumblr_m7f282vuH11r46qwwo1_500.jpg

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Good luck with smoking in an Irish pub, they were the first to introduce the smoking ban...

dermotfahy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
01: Drive a Duesenberg SSJ.

02: Have a 15+ gallon year from one of my beehives.

03: Climb Denali.

04: Take a canoe trip the entire length of the Yukon River.

05: Send 3 Ford Bronco IIs over Niagara Falls.

06: Have a 29 hand in cribbage.

07: Find a mint birth year Dunhill in an antique store for $6.00

08: Learn how to play the accordion as well as my father.

09: Shoot a B&C class anything.

10: Finally strike gold.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ireland is worth it. First time I rented a car and drove around with my late wife. Second time, as a widower, I just

went to Dublin and stayed there. Surprises: There are palm trees in Ireland because of the Gulfstream I guess.

Second, you can have five distinct weather patterns over a day -- fog, rain, blustery wind and clearing, sun, and

overcast, not necessarily in that order. Rules or no rules, you can probably get off and smoke your pipe, when it

isn't raining. You can get good food in many pubs on a kind of buffet, for a reasonable cost. When you order

your Guinness, be prepared to wait a while, so the bar tender can develop a head on the drink. If you rush her

or him, you're being a doofus; luckily I was informed in advance.
I need to get to Italy, back to Holland/Amsterdam, and possibly back to Midway Island. There are more than a few

books I should write. And so on. One of those European river tours where you don't have to keep hauling from place

to place with your luggage wouldn't be bad.

Dec 24, 2012
I have been to Ireland many times and in fact I am an Irish citizen. Well worth the visit. I can confirm however that smoking is not allowed in pubs or other buildings.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Ireland, Scottland, and England are all on my travel list, in that order. There's also a few states I really want to visit, including Montanna, Wyoming and South Dakota, and I really want to hunt quail on a southern plantation preserve and doves in Argentina. Outside of travel, I plan to own an Ashton and Dunhill (both birthyear if possible), and read everything ever written by Tolkein and Erich Maria Remarque.

easygoer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2013
I would like to see Denmark and its neighbouring countries after viewing Kevin and Sykes video and photos of their trip.

Aug 14, 2012
I really have only one thing left on my list. It is to get a 2014 Indian motorcycle. I am impeded in this desire by the lack of a driver's license. My wife and I just took care of the other thing on my list. We got a house in Woodstock NY.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I have two.
Spend a winter above the arctic circle and see the Northern Lights. Especially a red one.

Visit the Chauvet Cave and Cave of El Castillo to see and walk were my ancestors were.

petergunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2013
A fishing trip to Northern Ontario and a moose hunt there would be nice also.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
Oh, there are so many.

-Visit every state in the US, including Hawaii and Alaska

-Visit each country in Europe and Asia

-Have a romantic candle lit dinner on a small sailing vessel in the Gulf of Mexico

-Return to my home state of Florida to visit my Aunt's grave

-Find a Birth year Dunhill (of course)

-Own at least 1 meerschaum pipe

-Spend a week in a cabin in some remote, very snowy place

-Have my own small farmette so that my horse can live on the same property as I, rather than boarding.
I could go on and on, but the want-wants don't help anything. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.