PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Okay well to start off this year I will post this beautiful little Ben Wade I have had my eye on for the last year!
This pipe has been in my local B&M since I started going there and it apparently was there for some time before I got there (5 years)! I would always pick up the little guy every time I went in, but I could never justify buying him. Today that changed, the manager of the store told me to go ahead and get it and he would give me a deal, and a deal I was given! Boy do I love this little guy!
IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3208_2.jpg

IMG_3209_2.jpg

The stem was pretty much completely oxidized, but he buffed it right up for me before I left. (I was there for a wine tasting) I decided to break it in with a nice Bulk Balkan blend and I have to say it was a good choice! :D

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Oh sure just keep rubbing it in , at the rate you are going there will not be any pipes left forthe rest of us . :crazy:

casper223

Lurker
Nov 20, 2010
Nice Pipe Bubba, I have a few Ben Wades in my collection, They are very fine smokers. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
What is it about these little pieces of briar that instills such lust? Just a rhetorical question. Continue with the lusting.
That's a nice shape. Not your usual bulldog stem shape. Distinctive.
Simon

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Great looking pipe. Speaking of whine tasting, WaaaaH I want one too. Have a few Danish Ben Wades like them a lot. Enjoy.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Okay I got my Mario Grandi pipe and she is beautiful!! :D Here take a look for yourself...
IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

But.... There is one problem! The draft hole isn't drilled properly. It cuts through the bottom of the tobacco chamber and goes into the wall of the bowl on the other side. It isn't a deal breaker for me but it is kinda disappointing :(

This is what it looks like...
IMG_3212.jpg

IMG_3212_2.jpg

(sorry, my camera wouldn't focus on it)
I smoked a bowl of Boswell'd No Bite Delight and it smoked well, it just whistled and gurgled the entire time.... I am going to contact The Mario Grandi people to see what they say...

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Well, Bubba ..... I like your new bulldog very much....sorry to hear that the MG is proving to be a problem.... :oops:

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
The first one looks great. Sorry to hear about the MG. Hopefully the MG folks can do something for you.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
A shame about the drilling. When I screw up and do that the pipe becomes kindling for the woodstove.

Status
Not open for further replies.