PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
I am in the middle of commissioning 7 panel pipes from 7 different North American carvers. This is pipe 2 ( in order of delivery )
I had a lot of fun working with Bruce, he really seems to enjoy his work and he likes doing panels so that was a big plus. I was very interested when he emailed me and said he would do a 4 panel but he really wanted to do a six panel pipe ... well who am I to argue as I want the pipe to reflect the carver. I also gave him full control over the stain telling him to let the briar decide. He told me the briar was perfect for a natural stain so there it is . I asked for cumberland and I will credit Bruce for one heck of a comfortable stem. This is the first pipe I can clench other than a cob.
I am two weeks in and this pipe smokes like a dream - I chose Peretti's London Flake for this pipe and it really works well. The deep chamber fits well with the light Va/Per.
_009D3200_zpsdec22b1d.jpg

Links the the other posts for the 7 day set.
#1 - First Pipe in 7 Day Series Post

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I love panels! Really like the natural color of this pipe and the Cumberland! NICE!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Bruce really knows his stuff! He's made me three so far, and you can definitely tell he has alot of fun making them. He is my go to carver when I really want something amazing. :puffy:

Dec 24, 2012
I think what I love about this pipe is that the panels angle inward (or is that an illusion?) which gives the shape a much more pleasing look to my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.