PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Here's a closeup of my new Christmas themed egg. The stem is red Bakelite with an ivory band, and the entire pipe is even more red than my camera is picking up.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/19265
Here it is with its Weaver siblings.
http://pipesmagazine.com/members/chasingembers/album/picture/19264
I'm going to try to hold off smoking it until the holidays, but the more I look at it, I'm getting the feeling that keeping it in its pristine condition may be the way I go. Time will tell, but if I do decide not to smoke it, it will be the first in my collection to be that way.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I love that Weaver Volcano sibling! Can't wait to possess a collection of such pipes from my chosen carver! Although it'll take a few years. My carver is NOT fast :(

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Beautiful pipes. How is it Christmas themed? I see red, but... it could just a be an Alabama Crimson Tide pipe.
:rofl:
I wanted something that really stood out from the rest, and had an urge to have a nice hand filling pipe to dedicate Christmas Cheer to. :mrgreen:

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
That is a fine looking pipe. The stem and band really add to the overall look. I have never had a Bakelite stem, but it looks like a good stem material. I do like the idea of a seasonal pipe. Good for you.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
@jvnshr
Usually I am content to use a pipe nail, but ocassionally one just really grabs me.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/101mm-Pipe-Tamper-Natural-Agate-Crystal-Mother-Goddess-HANDMADE-/401095228624?txnId=534752292027

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
I have never had a Bakelite stem, but it looks like a good stem material.
Feels a bit like glass, so I can see how it was a replacement for the old amber stems. I really like it.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Wow - what a lovely bunch of coconuts! Happy smokes! That cutty(?) is especially sexy IMHO!

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
That cutty(?) is especially sexy IMHO!
Shapes are getting hard to define aren't they? In order from left to right from Bruce's own description: volcano, tulip, fugu blowfish, Ivarsson blowfish, billiard, and the new one is an egg. I would have called the tulip an acorn.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Peck, think I am going to wait until Christmas, and make a big production of it. Christmas cookies, egg nog, holiday music, and Christmas Cheer!

Status
Not open for further replies.