PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I just made a telephone order to my suppliers (mysmokingshop.com) for amongst other things six tins of that gorgeous Samuel Gawith blend Brown Sugar Flake only to be told they only had three left. Not so bad you may think, but I was also told they would not be getting anymore in stock.
This is due to the fact that the Danish Pipe Shop with whom SG collaborated to create the blend in the first place got the serious hump about other retailers selling what they regard as 'their' blend and have told SG to sell it exclusively to them and them alone.
I am heartbroken as BSF is one of my top three blends and I tend to smoke at least one bowl a day. I have perhaps six tins stored, circa 100g in a jar and the three coming to me so I really must tease this out and make it last as long as possible.
I can buy it from the DPS directly but the price per tin is much higher than the £12.80 I have been paying plus of course the p+p charges on top of that would make it one very expensive tobacco for this church mouse :crying:
Now, where did I put that black arm band...
Regards,
Jay.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Sorry to hear the news Jay. It's hard to justify spending so much money, but maybe you could still treat yourself once or twice a year? I'm still yet to try the Brown Sugar Flake, but have heard nothing but good things. It's just not around my parts, but it sounds like it's for the best as I would not want to come to enjoy it like yourself and then not be able to get it. I guess you can look on the bright side, in that, you do have some put away and a few more coming. Add another one to the top shelf of the cellar that requires a ladder to get down.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Och Jay, I truly feel your pain! I am down to one unopened tin of BSF remaining here. It shall wait for a very special occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.