PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Sad News via JP Seiler on Facebook that my buddy the well known pipe collector Bill Kotyk passed away yesterday. I knew of Bill and his collection before I met him 20 some years ago but we spent many happy nights sitting in smoke filled hotel rooms over the years. The last was time at last year's NASPC show we had a great conversation about a long lost collector. RIP!

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
This is an unexpected and depressing shock. I knew Bill off and on for close to twenty years. Always fun to be around and full knowledge. I remember one show, I think it was the CAPS show back in 03, when he brought his Sam Learned prototype pipe collection. It was incredible. I also remember many nights spent in a smoke filled hotel room along with Jay, (Jay and Louise fame), chowing down on awesome deli food, partaking in adult beverages, and contemplating the fate of the pipe world. Another huge loss to the "traveling gypsies" of the pipe show world. Rest In Peace Bill.

hugodrax

Can't Leave
Jan 24, 2013
Mr. Kotyk was a gentleman in all senses of the world. Knowledgeable beyond belief, and opinionated without arrogance. His presence was always a source of fun and I'll miss him very much.
Requiam aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I've known John Seiler for a number of years and met John Kotyk once or twice. I was well aware of his great collections of pipes. My sympathies to his family and friends. R.I.P.

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
It's always sad to learn of another fellow piper passing on, even if you didn't know the person. I didn't but still feel a sadness for both us as a group and for those of you who knew Bill. May he rest in peace.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
John posted Bill's Obituary on The #pipes Facebook group.
https://www.salandrafunerals.com/notices/WilliamD-Kotyk?fbclid=IwAR2qrnQugLu4Xlc__qHmA_ylS0_hIjHy9F_tMebncScEqahbpJltTAJ-vow

Status
Not open for further replies.