PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Received a few packages this morning, a couple from SPC and another from England. Now Simon said he was sending a little something from the old country but I wasn't expecting this. I wasn't expecting or looking for anything this generous. I'm absolutely blown away, far too much, wow.....
win_20161219_115425-600x337.jpg

Simon, you're a true Gentleman :clap: Merry Christmas my friend

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
I've never tried Revor Plug but wanted to for sometime. The recent thread on the similarities between this and Latakia Flake had renewed my interest, looking forward to it. I may just save it for Christmas morning.

Thanks again Simon, you're far too generous :worship:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Wow that's very generous of you Simon. Perhaps you'd like my address as well? :rofl:

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Oldreddog, ha ha, aren't I just? Lol. However I feel it's perfectly acceptable for the colonies, perfectly acceptable!

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
A fair point and one well taken sir. After all they call Carter Hall a tobacco, a tobacco, well sink me!
Now if a chap was of a mind he'd do the decent thing and send that fellow some landlord.

A taste of Timothy Taylor down the back of the throat what what!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Davet, glad your parcel arrived safely, just disappointed it got there so soon! I was assured by the lady at the post office it wouldn't get there until middle of January, at the earliest!

Take it steady with the revor plug, I always say to people who haven't had it before, you'll need to smoke the whole pouch before you get to know it properly.

Once you get over the initial bitterness, heavy taste & tar, a delightful mellow & leathery smoke should rear its head. There's also a punch to this old school plug.

Not a straightforward punch on the nose, more akin to the pain one feels after receiving a well dealt kidney punch, or a kick in the bollocks. Despite my description, I love it. Honestly!

I really hope you get to enjoy it like I & others do. Best regards, Simon.
@fitzy, you've shot yourself in the foot with your avatar I'm afraid whacker!

As a supporter of 'The Arsenal', I just can't find it in me to be nice to a Liverpool supporter, sorry! Liverpool, lovely town, lovely people. Ugly football team, very ugly.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Carter Hall has a subtle but delicious flavor. It can not be tasted by those exposed to the thick coal smoke of a Dickensian workhouse.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Little known fact aldecaker the first English mixture was invented by an 8 year old cockney sparrow chimney sweep who scrapped the soot from the chimneys of numerous stately homes and mixed it with the various detritus he found whilst supplementing his income as a crossing sweeper, combined with some plants from the great Qew Gardens boost of '66. He would stuff his concoction into his wee stonehaven pipe and puff away as he enjoyed a pint of porter and oysters a shilling the dozen, until one day Earl Abercrombie of Fitch suffering the itch wandered into the same barber shop to avail hiself of the cure as our sweep frequented.

Said earl later moved to the middle east and contented hiself in his dotage by curing his tobacco over a fireplace of local woods,in order to replicate the original dirty davey mixture.

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Of course. I hope in years to come young pipe smokers will have at least a five page to and fro on the facts of the matter .

:rofl:

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
No problem crash.Just cite me as the original source. I also have the original story of how Prince Albert tobacco was named after his royal personage. But I can only submit it after the watershed.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Cracking anecdote oldreddog! Anyone doubting your mans tale, don't! That's gospel. Last time I was on the piss in London, in the seven sisters down the old Kent road it was, as I recall.

About twelve pints in, old paddy mcginty & his goat walked in, he told me the exact same thing. I looked down at his goat, & he was nodding in complete agreement! So it must be true.

Who needs history books or the Internet when you've got an Irishman to talk to?

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
A very funny thread this has morphed into! :lol:
Very kind of you for sure Simon. :clap:

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Smoking my first bowl of Revor Plug in the Parker bent billiard. I'm hooked... just what I needed another hard to obtain favorite :crying:

Thank you once again Simon, half way through my first bowl and I want more, damn it :|

Status
Not open for further replies.